PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor fear for almost 2 months

ficherman555
21-12-15, 21:02
Hello everyone. I'm new but i have been lurking for about a few weeks now. So where should i start. My grandma was in the hospital for three month then passed away on OCT 18th.She was like a second mother to me and we did everything . On November 1st I was sitting at my computer and i started to get these shocks to the left side of my head and would only last for a few seconds but would come back every 15 min. When it first happened
I did not really think anything of it But as it kept happening i got a little worried. That whole next week I felt like i had the flu and was not feeling well.

from there on out its only gotten worse. I went to my doctor to get things checked up she just told me it was anxiety. She took my blood and everything came out fine. She did the follow the finger test and I guess I did fine cause she never said anything. she told me to go to a Psychiatrists I went he gave me Zoloft 25mg but that has done absolutely nothing. I went back today and he proscribed Xanax. I still have to pick it up at the pharmacy.

Here are my symptoms

~Headache like a pressure on my left front side from the top down to my eye. Goes away and comes back. Sometimes i'll get this intense pain at the top of my head that last a few seconds then goes away. I also get pain on my right side but more on the left.
~Short term memory loss. ill do something then I wont remember what i did minutes later. But i can tell you everything i did the day before. I have great long term memory. I almost ask the same questions. ill be thinking of something in my head and ill completely forget it seconds later.
~Confusion. ill look for my phone when its right in my hand. i sometimes have a hard time finding the wright word when writing or typing.
~I screw up words. ill say the wrong word when i was thinking of the right one
~Hands shaking. not a ton but enough for me to notice it.
~Muscles twitching. I'll be sitting down and my arm or leg would just randomly move.
~Always tired. When i do simple stuff like playing video games ill get very tired that's never happened to me in the past
~I can stare forever. Before all this if I stared too long my eyes would start to hurt but now I can just look forever at something without my eyes hurting.
~Tingles in my left hand. like its falling asleep but its not. I can still fell it.
~Right eye randomly hurting and a little blurrier than the left.
~Takes me a bit to do simple tasks. Kinda like a hard time focusing.
~Slight Neck pain.
~Sometimes my stomach will hurt.

My mom when she was younger had real bad anxiety and just a few years ago she had bad depression. I have yet to have an MRI or CT scan. my parents don't think there is anything wrong and having a ct or mri would just be a wast of money and time.we have real good health insurance so i dont see the problem. All I want is to rule out that there is something wrong with my head. I feel like if I had a scan and nothing was wrong it would put my mind at ease.

Any thoughts on this would help me. its been almost two months and i'm just very tired off all this and I want to feel better. Thanks!

uru
21-12-15, 21:35
Anything going on In your life?

Apart from your grandma any big changes?

Do you have a GF?

ficherman555
21-12-15, 21:55
Anything going on In your life?

Apart from your grandma any big changes?

Do you have a GF?

Nothing at all. My life was pretty quiet before all this stuff happened.

Movielife
21-12-15, 22:27
Hey. Sorry to hear you are having a bad time.

I've experienced many of those symptoms; they faded significantly once I started to realise it was anxiety. You are probably in a bad place but it will improve.

Lifelonganxiety!
21-12-15, 22:33
I get a lot of these symptoms. As the person above said, when you don't pay attention to them a lot of these feelings go away. Last week my eyes were blurred, but over the weekend I was worried I was overly tired. Once I focused on being tired, I didn't notice any eye blurring at all.

artist12
22-12-15, 01:47
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I have struggled with many of these same symptoms for a long time and it can be very difficult to reassure yourself that it is not something more serious. As many others here have reminded me, try to trust that if you told your doctor of these symptoms, and she was not concerned enough to order further tests, nothing that you describe is raising a red flag for her.

The type of head pain you describe sounds a lot like stress-induced tension headaches to me. They often happen on one side only, which makes them scary, and I always feel a bad pressure/neck pain when I have them. The other things you describe absolutely sound like they could all be anxiety-related to me.

I am in the same struggle right there with you, but sometimes it is helpful to hear it from someone else! Drop me a message if you want to chat about it further! :)

-Angela

Fishmanpa
22-12-15, 01:54
Most every symptom you describe are on the list of symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) as described here on the site. That and the fact that cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts. If indeed this was cancer, you would be progressively getting worse. You are posting this on an anxiety forum after all.

Positive thoughts

ficherman555
22-12-15, 20:36
Thanks for the reply guys.