PDA

View Full Version : Currently ill; elevated heart rate is stressing me out

Girl18
21-12-15, 21:04
I seemed to have developed a cold this week...nasal drip, sore throat, tired. Last night I noticed my heart beating much quicker than normal which of course really got me anxious. Today it's the same. I've read it's normal for the heart beats to increase when sick, but I'm just worried it'll lead to something bad or if it's something else. I want to sleep but the problem is that I can't stop noticing my heart. It's giving me serious anxiety.

anxious_thoughts
22-12-15, 00:03
I totally understand how you're feeling.
For one thing, realize your body is working harder to fight your cold which is why your heart rate is faster.
When people have anxiety they tend to be so in tuned with their bodies and it's so noticeable at night. I also notice my heart rate when I'm in bed. It does make me very anxious as well. I just try to ignore it. If it was something very serious you would know and be able to really feel it.

Take care

artist12
22-12-15, 01:42
Have you taken a decongestant or other medicine? I believe some of those kinds of medications can cause elevated blood pressure and heart rate as a side effect - worth asking your doctor but probably nothing to worry about. Hope you're feeling better soon!