PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms at Christmas

Alice1990
22-12-15, 00:58
Hi everyone,

I usually find the Christmas period hard as it sparks my anxiety. Always worried I will fall ill around Christmas and tend to focus on this possibility focusing on every sign and symptom!

Can anyone else relate to this?

misslove
22-12-15, 04:35
A lot of people here have higher anxiety levels this time of year. So many events happening in a short time. Plus all the decisions on what to buy for people. My daughter bday is in the same week as Christmas so we cut down on it a lot. We don't but for anyone except her and our nieces. We tell people to only buy for her in return. Try some relaxing yoga or meditation to relax. Try to avoid the junk food that' doesn't help. Instead switch to comfort foods and nuts for snacks.

HalfJack
22-12-15, 06:02
Eating fruit and veg is a good boost to the immune system - as well as getting a decent amount of sleep. I used to be one of those people who ALWAYS got a cold if there was one going around but now I rarely even get one a year. And being well hydrated will stop your throat getting dry which helps too.

Plus even if you did get ill, it's obviously something that worries you and I'm not trying to belittle that, but in reality it would be fine. You'd be ill, you'd get better.

Germs bother me sometimes, but only if I see someone cough and then touch something... so gross! If you're worried about germs keep some Hand sanitizer and disposeable tissues with you to make you feel better?

Sam Winter
22-12-15, 09:44
Yep indeed I find myself more focused on every little twinge and twitch I get, its awful more like living is a chore around the Christmas period

GingerFish
22-12-15, 11:22
Yes I am like this at the moment. All I can think is I am going to get seriously ill or die around this time of year, I've been like this for the last few years around this time. I also focus on every symptom, especially my mental ones like the feelings of spaciness and impending doom. Its horrible. I used to love Christmas but I'll be glad when its all over this year tbh.

MyNameIsTerry
22-12-15, 11:54
There are lots of threads popping up saying the same. You are certainly not alone.

Alice1990
22-12-15, 21:36
Thank you so much for your replies, everyone! I really hate how Christmas is supposed to be such a special time of year, an exciting one yet for me it just sparks my anxiety, I'm already worrying that on Christmas day I won't be up to eating my dinner etc. We are going out for dinner as well which makes me more nervous, being around people I haven't seen for a while plus strangers.

Thank you for all your suggestions also!