PDA

View Full Version : Support

Emma1027
22-12-15, 06:55
There seems to be no support when it comes to anxiety. I guess I will have to cope with struggling to eat and bad chest pain as it seems even a reassuring chat is out of the question. It's really hard to get a doctors appointment and I then when you go you get little help and feel your wasting the doctors time as it's all in your head and isn't a big problem. I've been told to wait til the 13th of jan for a over the phone assessment and I between that time I will try not too worry about my health.

ray.olsen
23-12-15, 11:42
Hey emma

I know how you feel and I'm sorry you have to be in this situation. It's difficult to deal with anxiety and it is a struggle. I urge you to have patience and just continue with your treatment plan. Don't think that you are wasting your doctors time. They are being paid to help you.

Wait for your assessment on the 13th of January. Just proceed with your life and try to enjoy the holidays. :)

beatroon
23-12-15, 11:45
Dear Emma

I wanted to echo what Ray has said. I'm sorry you're going through this and that you don't have a sympathetic GP! But it's good that you have an assessment on 13th January. Hang in there!

Beatroon

MyNameIsTerry
23-12-15, 11:48
Are their any charities in your area that run walk-in groups? It can help to talk in them and they often have social events too.

I found it inspiring, and reassuring, to see someone talking who was just like me but further on in their recovery. It gave me hope.

Emma1027
30-12-15, 19:52
Thank you everyone. Unfortunately I can not find any support groups ect on the island. It's difficult enough here to make friends and a lack of social events ect. I am finding this site rely helpful thou-it's great to meet people going through similar problems and its lovely to chat.