PDA

View Full Version : Christmas dread?

Blonde123
22-12-15, 09:00
Hi All
I havent posted in awhile as Ive been feeling much better. However Im feeling really low at the minute and my HA keeps rearing is ugly head. When Ive posted in the past its been about my headaches which fortunately went months ago. Lately though Ive felt short stabs in my ears which strangely is just like the pains in my head but nowhere near as often as I might only get them a couple of times a day. This brings my HA into overdrive and I think its something brain related. Even though I try and calm myself down Im dreading christmas because it should be a good time to be with family and Im secretly dreading it. I get up in the morning and think to myself "how long will I feel low today". Im not sure if part of it is down to monthly hormones but then I think that Im just making excuses. I wouldnt say Im anywhere near being depressed but Im aware that feeling low for too long can lead to a steady spiral down to it.
Does everyone with HA feel they examine, feel and exagerate every twinge and twitch they feel??

Sam Winter
22-12-15, 09:40
yes indeed, i over exaggerate quite badly sometimes, Christmas is a time for family and fun and I actually find myself not enjoying it as I'm trying to live through until Christmas day like its a chore and not for my own enjoyment, I also find that when Christmas gets closer so does my exaggeration of every little pain I get, I even listen to my phobias and ignore things that will trigger them, its not a fun time

MyNameIsTerry
22-12-15, 11:53
There are a fair few Xmas threads popping up all over the forum so you are certainly not alone.

I struggle with Xmas because of all the stress of it all and the changes to my routines that are forced on me.

jimsmrs
22-12-15, 13:59
I had a word with myself a couple of weeks ago when those floods hit Cumbria and Carlisle.

Seeing those poor peoples' homes and christmas's ruined, Christmas trees and presents lying in skips at the side of the roads, food ruined cos their fridges and freezers have packed in cos of water damage.
Then I watched an interview on breakfast tv with a family and the wife was sobbing, 'That she didn't think she get through it this time' it was the 2nd time it had happenend to them, it made me think 'I'm just feeling a bit low and fed up, think of what they're going through', made me feel grateful.

Don't ask yourself how long you're going to feel low for, tell yourself, 'I'm not going to feel low today!!!!!!

Beckybecks
22-12-15, 15:34
Yes, I have HA and am constantly analyzing every little twinge in my body. Because of the anxiety they are always magnified but when I calm down I can hardly believe how Ive over reacted to each little symptom. Unfortunately they do seem very real and very huge at the time.

As for Christmas, I think there are many of us who dread it as it seems to bring out all sorts of anxiety issues. I just make an effort to get through it and I'm happy when it's over and I don't have to pretend to everyone how much I'm enjoying myself.
Sad isn't it?

Blonde123
22-12-15, 15:42
Thanks gang. I'm getting good at pretending how I'm feeling. Sometimes the day just feels like a checklist of tasks which I need to do in order to get through the day. I feel bad because I have two kids and should be looking forward to the day because of them but instead I'm wondering what illness I'll be stressing about next year! Totally bonkers I know but you can't help how you feel I guess x