PDA

View Full Version : Could you delete my account please?

debs71
22-12-15, 11:00
I would like my account deleted please.

I am just fed up with replying to members on here and getting nothing back. I find that there seems to be not much give and take going on, bar the regular members who ALWAYS reply.

I posted one question yesterday about amitriptyline interaction. It has had 50 views and not one reply. It just pees me off, as I very rarely post anything at all on NMP, I just reply.

If all members acted like some on here, nobody would get a reply ever!

Sorry to moan, but I just don't see the point of sticking around if when a simple post about meds is not worth a reply. Not all of us should have to post 'HELP ME, I'M PANICKING' posts or HA concerns to warrant a reply. Some of us just need some advice and feedback.

Thanks.

venusbluejeans
22-12-15, 11:26
Hiya Debs...

On NMP we often have a lot of spiders crawling the site, they are from search engines, they search the site looking at all the ages so they can put it into the results page. unfortunately these count as a view to your thread, so the view count may only be a few people and many robots trawling the site.

I agree that it is annoying when you don't get a reply and there are several forums that don't have so many views sadly.... and the forums such as HA are dominating the site at the minute and I know Nic has thought about how to solve this in the past.

Debs if you really want to go then I will delete your account in 24 hours BUT please consider staying as you are a valuable member of the NMP community

MyNameIsTerry
22-12-15, 12:29
I think you should have a think, Debs. I know it's frustrating but take the good from the site, there are people that are glad of your responses and people who will help you if they can. It's just some of the boards are dead as the dodo on here.

It's not just anxiety that drives the lack of responses, when I went to the charity walk-ins people always got some level of support. Perhaps it's the less personal approach of the internet that encourages this but ultimately it comes down to people wanting to help others and there are certainly people on here who believe in give & take.

Carolin
22-12-15, 12:47
Debs its not just you who has little response. Please don't take it personally.

I too posted yesterday feeling really low and desperate. I had no replies.
It's hard not to feel rejected, and our anxiety fuels this.
I tried to PM you but couldn't
Please don't feel alone. If you want to talk, I am here xx

jimsmrs
22-12-15, 13:42
Hey Debs71, I would miss you, if you signed off completely:weep:. I tried to start a thread about driving anxiety and got no replies and thought maybe no-one on here has driving anxiety!!! As Carolin says don't take it personally, listen to Terry and Venusbluejeans, please!!!!!:bighug1:

Magic
22-12-15, 16:24
Sorry you had no replies Debs. Please don't be put off by this. xx

almamatters
22-12-15, 17:59
Hi Debs, I hope you don't leave the site, you have answered a few of my threads over the years and have always given me good advice. I noticed after a recent break from the forum that a few of the older members have either left or do not come on as much and they were people that posted a lot of replies to threads. I posted recently with a health problem and only received one reply. I hope you decide to stay.

Sunflower2
22-12-15, 18:05
Hi Debs, you have also given me some good advice over the time I've been on the forum, it is a shame that you haven't had any responses - almost every thing lately seems to be health related!

Jimsmrs, I would have responded to your thread if I'd seen it! Anxiety over driving is one of my biggest issues! (Especially since I live in the countryside and need to drive anywhere!)

debs71
23-12-15, 14:08
Thank you so much for your kind replies and words. They are really appreciated.xx

Sorry for not answering sooner. I had a bad day yesterday with this Fibromyalgia which is getting me down and so tired. I think that in retrospect, I was venting frustration. i honestly don't take it personally, as I know other members struggle to get a reply too, it just irks me when it is the same people time and time again who do respond to others.

So sorry Carolin - I think I have to adjust my email settings, but thank u very much for trying to message me. x

Emmz, I would like to stay on second thoughts if that is ok - I get a lot of personal relief from the forum, both from reading others posts and being able to reply, in the main. I find it takes my mind from my own mental health issues.

I would also miss all of you kind folks here, especially those that took the time to reply to my moany post!

Happy Xmas to all and much love.xx:hugs:

Carolin
23-12-15, 16:26
That's good news Debs :) xxx

almamatters
23-12-15, 16:50
Glad you are staying Debs, I have fibro so completely understand how you are feeling. X

Pipkin
23-12-15, 18:23
Debs,

Of course you can stay! I'm pleased you've decided to stick around :D

Pip x

debs71
23-12-15, 21:15
Thanks so much alma and Pip.xxx :hugs::hugs:

Carnation
23-12-15, 23:19
Only just saw this post. :ohmy:

So glad to hear that you have decided to stay.:)

I have had my times when I feel like I have no responses and felt the same way as you. But, I DO get a lot from the Forum with the people I do get responses from.

Sometimes we just need to vent, or have a bad day, but I know for sure that you would be missed if you left. :hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-15, 08:55
Glad to see you are staying, Debs. Don't worry about it, we all have days like that, I've had a few myself this year. Everytime I see someone raise a thread like this I just want them to remember how reacting when the emotions are running high can mean making a decision they regret later. A lot of people seem to stay when people talk to them, some still go (which is sad).

I'm not an old timer on here but in the time I have been on I've noticed patterns and one of them is that a lot of the HA guys & girls can't be seen posting elsewhere. IF they do, it's often Symptoms and it rarely seems to be more than a handful on the more positive boards. It's like a forum within a forum and because of this the membership numbers don't match the people you may come across on the site in general. It's a shame really, I think they are missing out and allowing themselves to be controlled. I've seen the same with some of the OCDers so perhaps it's part of the obsessive beast but thankfully some do take a more general approach on here.

pulisa
24-12-15, 09:02
I've been offline due to my son b*ggering up the internet connection but I have always found your posts to be extremely helpful, sympathetic and caring to other people. It does appear to be the case that some people take and never give back and this is frustrating but inevitable.

I'm glad you are staying and hope that you can get some pain relief asap for the fibro which must be very debilitating

gatsby12
24-12-15, 11:55
What you had to say in my anxiety thread helped. I am glad you are staying.

jimsmrs
24-12-15, 13:35
Sooooooooooo glad you're staying debs71:D:yahoo:

debs71
24-12-15, 18:05
Thank you so much for your posts - Carnation, Terry, Pulisa, Sharkster and jimsmrs. They have brought a tear to my eye and are much appreciated.

I think u are right, Terry. In the heat of a bad moment is not the time to make snap decisions. I think this fibro and my GAD is affecting me at the mo, and making me far less tolerant than normal.

It would though be nice to see more people actually taking the time to reply to others, instead of the same kind folk all of the time, all of which have replied on this thread in fact! (Though I know there are many others)

I also agree that it is a shame that some don't, as I do personally find that trying to help others is a massive distraction from your own mental health stuff. I think that in a way - and although it is not the sufferers fault - anxiety, etc. can make us quite selfish and so focused on ourselves all of the time, because we are constantly fighting our own minds - trying to help others with their battle is a good deviation from that.

I hope that you don't think I am a big moan about all this, and apologies if I have been.xxx:hugs:

pulisa
25-12-15, 08:36
I completely agree with you, Debs and you are not moaning!

Wishing you a Happy Christmas! x

debs71
26-12-15, 00:36
Thank you, pulisa. xxx

Hoping you are having a lovely Christmas too.xxx :hugs:

feelthelove
26-12-15, 01:20
I don't post now as hardly any of my threads get replies and sometimes i have been desperate for help .

MyNameIsTerry
26-12-15, 05:31
I don't post now as hardly any of my threads get replies and sometimes i have been desperate for help .

Nice to see you FTL. :hugs:

I think some of us regulars tend to not only post on anything we think we can help with but also look out for people we know too. I try to look out for yours as I've always found you to be a lovely & respectful person and sometimes I've posted because of those feelings even if it's less of a thread I could help with. I'm the same with other people. I think others on here think the same and dislike seeing some peoples threads not getting any replies.

debs71
26-12-15, 12:57

Sorry that I have missed your posts, feelthelove. It is horrible and upsetting to not get even a single reply, I know.

I must admit that there are some posts that I feel unable to reply to as I don't have any experience with the member's particular worry/issue, but I think perhaps just a reply saying 'I'm sorry I can't answer your query, but just to let you know that I sympathise and hope things get/feel better soon' is sometimes enough.

Often members just need a kind response when they are anxious or worried.xx:hugs: