PDA

View Full Version : Somethings feels very wrong...

KayeS
22-12-15, 11:20
Can anyone tell me what they think I should do here, and just for the moment put aside my tendency to panic over every little thing regarding my health because I am in some real pain and worry right now....

I've had a back pain for over a week now that is more in my right rib area on my back, about half way up. It hurts to breath in, and has not improved in the slightest over the last week, and in fact has actually gotten a bit worse.

And now the last two nights, when lying down on my back, EVERY single time I breathe in, under my ribs on the right but on the FRONT now, so right of the chest, I feel a prickling pain. With every single breath. I didn't sleep much last night because of it.

I am considering going to the doctor to request an X-Ray today. Has anyone had anything like this before? Because I am getting worried now. Breathing for is is actually painful and difficult.

Traceypo
22-12-15, 11:53
How are you feeling other than the pain? Have you got a fever, cough etc.

Fishmanpa
22-12-15, 12:55
You should be having your second CBT session today right? Hopefully that will give some food for thought and help you.

As for the back pain, you've been focused on this since the beginning of the month, right after your PITA subsided. You went to physio and they said it was muscle related so there you go. I live with what you describe 24/7. You deal and push through. OTC pain meds and heating pads do the trick for me.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

KayeS
22-12-15, 17:51
My second CBT session isn't until Jan 6th...

Just went to the physio again who was surprised that there had been no improvement and wants to send me for an X-ray of my back/chest...

CoraB
22-12-15, 19:47
Is it related to when you eat at all? it does sound a bit like the pain I had when i had gallstones. It was worse evening and night particularly if I ate late or had my main meal in the evening. Got to the point where the pain was constant. Have you had recent ultrasound?

KayeS
22-12-15, 20:02
Eating doesn't seem to affect it. I haven't had an ultrasound no.

CoraB
28-12-15, 12:45
I would push your Dr for further investigations to reassure you. Did he request the x-ray for you? How is the CBT going?