PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, GAD sufferer here!

beatroon
22-12-15, 16:37
Hello everyone!

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a long-time lurker on the forums but have just decided to pony up and get involved properly!

I have GAD and depression and am recovering from a really bad spell. I'm finding that CBT has helped some and medication has helped a lot, as well as having taken up running and mindfulness. It's so great to be part of a community on here where there are other people who know what I'm going through. It can be hard to describe the total state of panic to non-sufferers.

A weird upside to all of this is that it's been lovely to see how supportive friends and family can be once they know you're struggling - it has helped my relationship with my parents no end in a weird way....

Hoping everyone is having a good and relaxing evening.

Beatroon

venusbluejeans
22-12-15, 16:46
Hiya beatroon and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

beatroon
22-12-15, 17:14
Thank you very much, I will check out the articles!

Istherehope?
22-12-15, 18:36
Welcome! Glad you've got supportive friends and family - I've also found I've got closer to my parents since telling them about my struggles. :) x

beatroon
22-12-15, 22:29
Thanks Istherehope! It's funny, isn't it - sometimes opening up is the best way to feel close to someone! x