PDA

View Full Version : Chronic nausea

Mrhypo
22-12-15, 20:03
Hello new to these forums but am definitely a victim of health anxiety. I am a 65 year old male, reasonably healthy, was once a heavy smoker but stopped six months ago. Had a severe case of shingles earlier this year.
Have had chronic waves of nausea for several weeks now. Most debilitating. If I wasn't retired I'm sure I'd find it impossible to go to work. I have Always had digestive problems but nothing has been found. This constant nausea is new though. Been to the doc several times, even out of hours and to A&E. Had all the blood tests and all came back normal. Stool test said I do NOT have helicobacter pylori, which they thought it might be. Am on omeprazole which doesn't help much, and recently on metoclopramide which also doesn't seem to be having any effect. Doc has just prescribed cyclizine about which I've read various horror stories.
There are no other alarming symptoms although I do feel desperately tired all the time. I have not lost weight despite having no appetite (fear of increasing the nausea causes that I think). I've never actually vomited. There's no blood in my stools.
My doc has suggested that if it doesn't get any better I should have an endoscopy - not because he suspects anything sinister but just because of my age.
Naturally I'm terrified it MIGHT be something very sinister indeed. So I guess I'm here for reassurance really. All comments and suggestions welcome. :blush:

Mrhypo
28-12-15, 19:45
Hello? Anybody out there? No? Okay, I'll crawl back into my hole.:weep:

uru
28-12-15, 21:25
Hi, I'm here!!!

your Dr isn't worried?