PDA

View Full Version : Evening folks

Foulplay
23-12-15, 04:08
Hello folks ! I'm Dave from just out side Belfast.
No idea how to start this so I'll just dive straight in lol
For over a year now I've been fighting anxiety and it's slowly winning ... Maybe I've had it all my life but I've no idea lol
Started out with stomach pains was told it was just ibs but the pains got so bad I started panicking that something was alot more serious.....then in March I woke up and felt something was wrong heart was beating weird and I knew it wasn't just me imagining things...was rushed to the hospital and found to have a heart arithma which was shocked back to normal....the weeks and months that followed wernt great by any stretch of the imagination....anxiety was on overload panic attacks cobstantly.....but I pulled myself together with diazapam and amitriptyline...got myself a new job even made employee of the month on my first month there ( no one else ever had lol) but then long hours and working on my own plus a car accident started the bad thinking all over again ...two weeks signed off work due to stress/ anxiety..by the time I got back to work I wasn't 100% but still went with it ...a few days later boom sacked ...another dive back into self pity and the anxiety was back to say hello again ....so now I find myself at home all day because I havnt left the house in weeks, driving my wife mad and being an all round grumpy sod...I have had a councilor but it seemed to make things worse rather than better.... I'm on diazapam 3 times a day...( but I only ever take one dose) I was on amitriptyline 20mg but bumped to 50 stopped taking them due to not sleeping ...(currently 4am...
My wife who herself has suffered with mental health issues assures me everytime I get anxious I'm grand it's just my stupid brain making a big deal out of nothing but it's just too hard to ignore it..
I've also been told that the only way I can start any recovery is to accept that I have anxiety but ..how can I accept it ? It's a pain in the ass!

Sorry for my long ramblings lol

venusbluejeans
23-12-15, 04:15
Hiya Foulplay and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

beatroon
23-12-15, 10:50
Hi Foulplay,

Just wanted to say hi, and hope you're doing better today. Anxiety is awful, it paints the whole world the wrong colours, and it is REALLY hard to accept, but with the right treatment you'll get there. I've found the 'Positive Stories' section of the forum really encouraging on down days, maybe you will too.

Beatroon