PDA

View Full Version : Overactive bladder

zx123
23-12-15, 18:41
Hi,
Since about the beginning of the year I have had a problem an overactive bladder. It isn't a very serious problem but I find it can be quite inconvenient and annoying.
When I go to bed at night I often have to go to the bathroom to empty my bladder even if I have only just gone before I have gone to bed.
Sometimes when I am out I feel as though I need to urinate but I have to hold on because I am not near a toilet. Also When it is cold I feel a pressure on my bladder and I feel the need to urinate.

It often feels as I don't need to urinate immediately but there is still a feeling of pressure as if the urine is being stored up until I can urinate.

I have only been having this problem in the last year when I been having some problems with anxiety. Has anyone else experienced this ad what is the best treatment for it?

Thanks

Fishmanpa
23-12-15, 21:55
The urge to evacuate is part of our primitive "fight or flight" response to a threat, real or perceived. When you're anxious, you may feel the need to go to the bathroom. Having an empty bladder and/or bowel enables you to escape the threat unencumbered. Have you ever heard of Stage Fright? When a performer having to use the bathroom prior to taking the stage? Same thing.

To treat the symptom, you have to eliminate the cause which is your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

zx123
26-12-15, 11:56
Thanks for the information, that makes sense. I have been experiencing some anxiety in the last year so that could be the problem. I will definitely have to look into ways of dealing with it.