PDA

View Full Version : can eating white bread make you anxious

gregcool
23-12-15, 18:48
Iv noticed a few times latley after eating bread or toast i feel anxious..is this all in my head or is this posible.and if so why would it do this..the other day i made eggs in toast and was feeling fine upro this point.then straight after i felt low mood and anxiety.not the first time this has hapend.tonight i was having a good time listning to xmas songs.then made beens on toast then felt flat and anxious..whats going on hear

MikeyT
23-12-15, 20:54
I would say its the anxiety talking, only because when I am anxious I go off certain foods, I then only want foods that are bland.

SADnomore
24-12-15, 06:28
If you are sensitive to gluten, then consuming it can cause a spike in anxiety, yes. Anxiety in fact is one of the effects of eating wheat products which indicates gluten sensitivity, I have read. Another effect is brain fog. You could try gluten-free bread or bagels to see if they're okay. For me, after avoiding gluten for awhile, I found I am okay with it occasionally. Better anxiety-wise and staying sharp now I don't eat it every day.

gregcool
24-12-15, 06:41
Thanks guys...something must be conected hear..i think ill ask the doctor for a test to find out for sure....

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-15, 08:59
The bread you can change...as long as I've got the bacon I'm happy :D

Why not switch the the gluten free for a week or so like Marie says and keep a brief food diary.

Is this new mate? With you making such a dent in your meds and all the changes to your intake, maybe there is a connection and it is a temporary thing or as Marie says it can be controlled a bit better but not really a proper intolerence?

Shakey knows a lot of about gluten issues as it was a big trigger for him. I've seen him on now & again recently so maybe he will see this or bump one of his threads or something?

gregcool
24-12-15, 10:51
Im going to switch this week to gluten free bread.iv had a look on line and i can get it from tesco..i do eat bread three to 4 times a week.so will give it a go see what happens...on my diet iv lost over one and a half stone thats about 12 bags of sugar in weight and am keen to loose another stone after xmas..but this involves eating bread,so can do without the extra stress that im sure the white bread is doing

SADnomore
24-12-15, 17:48
This is great, gregcool! And if you suffer from bowel issues like me, you may find those getting better too! ... We were out for dinner last night and I had fajitas. With wheat tortillas, argh! All bunged up today, but I thought about the gluten, and remembered that this is often what happens ...

(Congrats on the weight loss, too, by the way) :yahoo:

gregcool
24-12-15, 18:39
Iv been lucky that i dont suffer with bowl problems just this sudden anxiety after eating bread and also chocolate to..i gave up the sweet stuff a few weeks back but will be eating some over xmas...ill keep a eye on things tho because iv lost so much weight over the last 6 weeks iv become quite obsesed over it and realy paranoid ill put it back on over xmas.but i keep saying to myself i cant pos put 24 pounds on over three days,but find it hard to convince myself i wont

shakey1961
25-12-15, 11:11
Going gluten free cured me!

gregcool
25-12-15, 14:06
Cheers shaky..ill give it ago....thanks mate