PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor!?? PLEEEASE HELP?

jameer23
23-12-15, 21:13
I am 16 years old. I have generalized anxiety and I am a MAJOR hypochondriac. For half of the month of November up till now I have had these weird tight headaches. Along with sharp pains on some side. Pulsating pains. Feeling like someone has their hand on my head. Yesterday it felt like someone kept rubbing their finger in a circular motion on my right Temple. Sometimes my lower right cheeks twitches or my eye. Today my tongue felt slightly numb while eating and when I searched it up, brain tumor showed up. I feel like crying. I feel like screaming for help. Ive been to the doctor for other reasons 7 times in the month of June and they said everything was just my anxiety. So okay. I got into a car crash in august and when I was in the hospital they did an x-ray on multiple sides of my head and said everything was perfect but I don't think x-rays really show brain tumors so that's another scary thought. I font understand why all this is happening to me. I just want to live my life in peace and not fear. Myheadaches arent extreme to the point where I take meds. I don't vomit. I don't get blurry vision. I don't have seizures (never have and never hope to will):weep: I just want some freaking reassurance from someone. I mean its been going on for a month and a half and nothing drastic has happened right? Also I stabbed my ear with a pencil a while back and it Bled. So could that be side effects??

Sam Winter
23-12-15, 21:57
hey hun,
I am a 15 year old who has been suffering with anxiety for three years but I only just realised it this year, in this time I have been up to the doctors loads of times and even for the same reason, I have gradually learned to not go up for the same reasons and try to think rationally,
I can tell you I highly doubt it is a brain tumor especially after all that time but if you are in 100% panic and can't calm down about it then I'd go up to the doctors for reassurance but I don't think it is xx

perry12
23-12-15, 22:56
Hey

You need to really chill and calm down. I have been through the same thing but with different health issues that I dreamt up.

Firstly a car crash can be a traumatic experience which is definitely going to create anxiety and yes you could possibly of had a slight knock or headache from that.

After all the doctors visits etc, I am sure if there was any problem they would of found it out. All that is keeping this going is quite simply your health anxiety. Anxiety can create any sensation it wants to.. do you know what is weird? When I read your post, my head got really tight and I started feeling sensations, I have created them feelings myself!

I had a really racing, tight heart and mega tight head. I went to the hospital and they did tests to prove my head was ok, days later I felt fine, it proved to me that it was just anxiety.

Your mind when focused can create any pain, sensation etc it wants to. You need to learn to just accept these feelings and see them just as anxiety, if you keep searching the internet looking for answers, these sensations will not go away.

If the professionals say your ok, accept this, accept you have probably got yourself a little wound up and just move on with life. Wake up and think.. if my head hurts today, so what, its just my mind playing with me... crack on with the day and do the same the next day

This is coming from someone who had crippling health anxiety, I convinced myself of all sorts and constantly searched the internet. I mainly overcame this through the help of Paul David (search Google).. and have had no health anxiety for years

You will be fine but you need to help yourself out of this situation.

misslove
24-12-15, 04:26
Sounds like either a tensions headache or tmj. I squeeze my jaws when I sleep sometimes when I'm really stressed and sounds like what you are describing. My temple feels very sore and the whole side of my face hurts. Have you tried talking to your mom? Your very young and shouldn't be worried about your health. If there were anything seriously wrong with you your mom would see it. It's what we mommas do. Enjoy being a teen!