PDA

View Full Version : Worried about a tiny bit of metal trapped under my skin

Nighttime pacer
24-12-15, 02:54
Hi all
I'm a musician and about 6 weeks ago was fiddling around with a microphone stand and a piece of metal on it sheared off the thread as I was turning and part of it and went in my thumb. It was like a metal splinter. After a lot of fiddling around and poking and scraping the skin I managed to get it all out I think.

The trouble is tonight it looks as though there's still a tiny bit under the skin that I can just see. I've had the odd slight pain from my thumb if a fingernail pushes where it went in.

It seems to have healed ok but I'm now panicking in case there is a bit of metal trapped as I don't know what the metal was and I'm scared I'll get lead poisoning or something from it. I know I'm up to date on tetanus but just panicking now that I could be getting lead or some other metal in my blood stream. I know I won't be able to get the the doctors until after christmas an d I doubt they'll do anything. Also, I'm a pianist so can't risk any long term damage.
Sorry for rambling and happy christmas!
Nighttime Pacer

uru
24-12-15, 05:20
A microphone stand wouldn't be made of lead. I wouldn't worry. The splinter will work its way out.