PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid?

Dexter73
24-12-15, 13:48
My thyroid results are in and Im even more confused than I was!

TSH: 1.5
Free T3: 4.9
Free T4: 17.2

All within normal range, the T3 however being on the lower end of normal, my own GP is off sick, so I was given the oncall GP who was not exactly helpful. Discussing the results I asked about the potential of the T3 dropping below normal range in times of stress and therefore creating a period of anxiety, he agreed it was possible but wasnt sure, and could only say they were in normal range at the time of testing ... pointless exercise it would seem!

Vitamin D is still out by a mile despite 6 months of supplements, no explanation as to why that might be, despite a possible link to thyroid.

Ive no idea whether Im barking up the wrong tree completely or whether I simply have the worst GP surgery! The one thing that is very clear is that my anxiety works in a clear cycle - Confident, happy, outgoing - Big life stress occur (which I appear to cope with) followed by a period of intense sensations and then returning to a normal life. My own GP, Psychologist and counsellor all feel this doesnt fit with GAD.

Scratching my head with all this right now!!

jimsmrs
24-12-15, 14:02
Have a look on the british thyroid website.

www.btf-thyroid.org>info

Dexter73
24-12-15, 14:03
thankyou I will ;)