PDA

View Full Version : Mole Panic

Worrywart528
24-12-15, 14:34
I have an appointment next Tuesday with my Dermatologist. I am still freaking out about this mole. It is on my right thigh, slightly above my knee, It is slightly raised and at times looks brownish with a slightly pink hue... It is somewhat shiny when the light hits if that makes any sense. I have read that moles that have a shine to them may be melanoma and now I am in pure panic mode.

I freaked out about this mole in the spring and made an appt with my derm in July. She looked at it and said nothing to worry about that is normal.

I do not know if it has grown because I am well aware that my mind has played tricks on me before. In the spring there were times this mole grew in front of my eyes but after she told me it was ok i forgot about it until a week ago.

I find myself poking and prodding at it..... Last night a piece of skin peeled off it.... It does not bleed but the skin peeling has me even more concerned.

Masonn
25-12-15, 09:52
I've never heard of moles having a shine to them being melanoma, I really doubt that is accurate. I've had extremely bad melanoma paranoia and I've looked on every website under the sun for signs and symptoms and I've never read that anywhere.

When I read through forums of people who actually had melanoma, the one symptom that is pretty much in every melanoma case is change. If the mole hasn't drastically evolved you have nothing to worry about. There is a reason why most melanoma are caught early and that's because it's somewhat obvious in most cases due to the evolution, and those that aren't caught early are usually from uneducated people who don't even know what melanoma is or if the mole is in a spot where you can't keep an eye on it (scalp, genitals etc).

I have many moles with a 'shine' to it, I know what you're talking about I considered that somewhat normal (now I'm scared lol). Don't worry. I'm going through a melanoma paranoia stage right now too (check out my post). I should take my own advice lol