PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness all the time?

Ssmith
24-12-15, 15:40
Does anybody else find that they are tired all the time. I seem to get 8 hours sleep but i wake up feeling unrefreshed and struggle with tiredness all day long. My eyes sting and I've got visible bags under my eyes. I've had all the blood tests done and they can't find anything wrong so it must be the anxiety and depression.

Thing is, the tiredness is the worst aspect of all this for me. I genuinely feel if i didn't have it, i would be tonnes better. My body doesn't feel tired at all, it's just my eyes that sting all day and along with that, i often get headaches and brain fog.

Is this normal with anxiety and depression? It's lasted for a good year and a half. Will it ease up once i start getting help for my mental health problems?

Jherron
31-12-15, 06:11
I can tell you that some days I feel like this. It's like you feel tired but can't take a nap. I have days when I can jump right up and be raring to go. Then I have low days where I'm tired all day long. For me I think I get anxious and burn myself out. It was worse on me before I quit caffeine and cigarettes.

dakotasmom
31-12-15, 20:21
Are you taking any medication for the anxiety? I know mine make me feel like this occasionally.

Also in my experience anxiety just seems to do that to you, being on edge all the time would make anyone feel tired and run down.

Ditapage
02-01-16, 01:14
Anxiety definitely causes tiredness and I get it too. It's all the tension we carry and all the thoughts we entertain all day long. My doctor explained it like this: everyone else's car is driving at 60kmph and we are going 120 all day long, and when our body is running on adrenaline, we run out of energy quickly because adrenaline cant be sustained for long periods. Having anxiety for a long time will cause immense tiredness and because having anxiety is a daily mental/physical battle it also opens the door to depression which also causes tiredness. if you aren't much of a water drinker, dehydration causes fatigue as well. Also, shallow breathing starves the body of oxygen and causes tiredness also. tight tense muscles also cause tiredness. As anxiety sufferers we are tense even if we aren't aware of it. This is mentally tiring and a tired mind can cause this eye heaviness- I've had it a lot.

If you don't wear glasses and haven't had an eye test, it could also be your eye sight. Not wearing glasses when you need them causes eye strain that causes heavy tired eyes and headaches and brain fog. But plain old anxiety causes it too. Headaches and brain fog certainly. Our eyes are nerves. When I am panicky my eyes start to feel immensely strained and makes my feel tired but my body is fine. You can try using eye drops to help lubricate your eyes. Tired eyes definitely make you feel tired even if your body isn't.

StarsDie
05-01-16, 16:14
Yeah... I constantly have bags under my eyes. Bugs the hell out of me because I feel I sleep enough.

I try sleeping 7-8 hours, doesn't help with tiredness. So I try sleeping 5-6 hours and that doesn't help either.

Then again, I have a caffeine addiction, and that probably explains it for me.

But if you only sleep long hours, try less hours. Sometimes the body doesn't need 6-8 hours. It may need more like 5 hours.

chrisphillips
07-01-16, 11:31
Anxiety can cause extreme tiredness sometimes - even if you have many hours of sleep. On the flip side, it could be just everday life, work, money etc

Jherron
08-01-16, 04:43
I don't take any meds for anxiety except for beta blockers. I just have to ignore the best I can. I IL told my Dr that I'm extremely stressed and can't handle anything. He just said to exercise so I been forcing myself to go. I think my body does not process food like other people. Having IBS causes it to run right though me. When I did feel better I was eating a diet high in protein. I was eating 2500 calories a day. Now since this stress has acted up I'm lucky to get more than 1200. I guess good thing is I have lost 15lbs in 2 months and now around 164