PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

skn123
25-12-15, 00:27
Hey, I'm skn! (obviously not my real name but I have a thing with anonymity) Let me just introduce myself :)
I'm female, currently 20 and a final year studying Biochemistry with Genetics at University in the UK.

I'm not much of a forum person, but I've struggled with different forms of anxiety for so many years. My main issue is health anxiety, and I'm so glad I found somewhere to relate to people. There is very literally never a day that passes without feeling the need to talk to someone about new sudden symptoms that I've searched for, and quite frankly, my family, friends and boyfriend just don't understand and are getting fed up.

My GP from home recently moved away to another city, so I'm stressing about whether any other doctor will understand my situation and how to calm me down. Frequent visits to my doctor at university have a time limit of 10 minutes which often leave me feeling incredibly uneasy and improperly diagnosed. There's just never any peace of mind anymore.

I'm currently procrastinating with revision/study for my final year exams in January, I've got 6! Sooo yeah, please go easy on me.. I'm not great at forums :unsure:

venusbluejeans
25-12-15, 00:33
Hiya skn123 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: