PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Pixette
21-02-07, 20:02
Hello,

Feel so relieved that this site is here:D . Ive been suffering from anxiety for years and this week I've been having periods of panic that have been really scarey and overwhelming.

I feel as though I'm having mini panic attacks - if there is such a thing? I get waves of hot and cold, I shiver can keep still and have really morbid and pessimistic panicy thoughts. Im hoping that this site will help me identify whats going on???:confused:

Ive had to have time off work - which im worried about as I dont like letting people down dont get on with my manager and I know this will make her more frustrated with me.

Ive been prescribed tranquilizers so I can try and get some sleep and eat some food and try to function normally.

Evenings and night times are particularly difficult as I get claustrophobic and my anxiety increases.

So here I go on my journey to learn more about whats going on - any advice is welcomed :D

Karen
21-02-07, 20:35
Hi Pixette

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Yes, what you are describing is very common. Many people have an undercurrent of anxiety as well as/or instead of full on panic attacks.

Have a read of the First Steps (under Self Help on the menu along the side of this page) and also the symptoms which you will see are very common with anxiety.

One approach that has helped me with some of my anxiety (particularly social phobia) has been using hypnosis downloads to listen to each day and when feeling particularly bad. You might find the Overcome Fear and Anxiety (http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/downloads/phobias_fears/anxiety_fear.html?1488) or the Stop Panic Attacks (http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/downloads/phobias_fears/panic_attacks.htm?1388) could help.

If thinking of therapeutic help CBT is particularly helpful.

Just take small steps that you feel able to manage each day and you can get through this.

Karen

manmoor
21-02-07, 20:48
Hi Pixette,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

wobily_lin
21-02-07, 21:24
Elo Pixette,

Welcome to the site. Great support n advice here...glad to have ya on board x

kittykat
22-02-07, 13:51
Welcome to the forum pixette.

Take care

shirley xx

belle
22-02-07, 13:58
Hi there and welcome...

I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful information here :)

Sarah x

trac67
22-02-07, 20:36
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
23-02-07, 11:42
Hi Pixette

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Please feel free to ask any questions you want to.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice.