PDA

View Full Version : abdominal tenderness

26-12-15, 00:29
So I noticed that when I press down on my stomach the whole area feels a bit sore...It's not an intense pain, but I still decided to google "stomach hurts when I press down on it"...

I came up with the results "abdominal tenderness is always a sign of a medical emergency" and now I'm panicking. I can't go to an ER, my mom won't let me because this has happened many times before (me panicking about medical emergencies when it turned out nothing was wrong) and I don't wanna wait to see and find out if I'll die or not, which I've done before and it caused me tremendous anxiety.

I've had this feeling about a year ago, which made me believe that I had colon cancer. Now I'm scared that I actually do have it, even though my fear went away for a long time.

Help!

Fishmanpa
26-12-15, 00:37
May I ask why you're pressing on your stomach in the first place? I ask because you "noticed" it as opposed to saying it was hurting you. It really sounds like self checking + Dr Google = anxiety.

Positive thoughts and Merry Christmas

26-12-15, 03:58
I felt a little bit bloated and decided to do it...It's something I've done many times before, I'm always constantly checking for new symptoms

thank you, merry christmas!

---------- Post added at 03:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

anyone else?

Hopefulmi
26-12-15, 10:18
I often have had tender spots and have had 3 u/s this year. No tumours or problems to date, just sore! Feel better soon