PDA

View Full Version : Heart palpitations worrying me

Lynnb
26-12-15, 05:11
I have had 2 EKGs. One showed palpitations but normal heart rhythm. I have had normal blood work. I've also have an a normal echocardiogram. I have palpitations all the time. Sometimes a few a day. Sometimes I feel like my heartbeat is actually irregular. Should I be concerned? ????

Fishmanpa
26-12-15, 13:32
As one who has had two heart attacks, a triple bypass and stents, if they thought for a moment you were at risk, you wouldn't have left the office.

Positive thoughts

debs71
26-12-15, 14:06
Hi,

No, you shouldn't!

Palps are just palps - they will not affect your heart, and nine times out of ten are nothing to be concerned about. The key test you have had is an echo. That will have shown an unequivocal picture of your heart and it's health, blood flow, etc.

It was normal so there is nothing to be worried about.

Unfortunately, palpitations continue when you become focused on them being there, as you notice them, the adrenaline gets pumping through worry, and so the palps go on and on. The key is breaking the cycle, through distracting your mind, keeping busy, etc. xx

2Anxious
26-12-15, 14:12
You need to put it in perspective. You say you have them 'all the time' then say you sometimes have a few a day. There are people who have THOUSANDS every single day and doctors aren't concerned.

The fact is, they feel absolutely horrible but they don't affect your heart. It can be very, very hard to accept though.