PDA

View Full Version : Exposure to Loud noise

TomsThoughts
26-12-15, 10:32
So Thursday just gone I was in work and as I started to drill my right ear vibrated quite abit. So I immediately stopped and later I was talking to my work mate and over his voice I could hear a high pitched ringing, which stopped more or less when I went outside and sat down.

It's been 2 days and I get a spontaneous ringing every now and then.

Has anyone been exposed to loud noise before? Does this go away/lesson when you ignore it?

ray.olsen
27-12-15, 06:51
I had this many times before, it's continuous high-pitched ringing but it's never really loud. It's normally very sudden and wouldn't last for very long. I however never had it for 2 days and I don't think that mine was caused by a loud sound.

If you really are concerned then it's better that you have it checked. Do you feel any pain or other discomfort aside from the sound? Is your balance or equilibrium affected? Do you have any trouble hearing or sometimes feel sound disoriented?

TomsThoughts
27-12-15, 11:09
Yes it's the same with me it lasted around 5 mins and then was on and off for 2-3 days it seems to have faded, but comes back when I'm feeling extra anxious and sensitive to nois. I've been anxious for the last 3 days and now I'm adapting to being off work I'm hearing it less