PDA

View Full Version : How I obtained GAD and I need help to recover

js1803
26-12-15, 14:03
I’m looking to relate to someone and get help. I’m also looking for tips on what I should do every single day to improve my anxiety and heal.

uru
28-12-15, 15:37
There's a lot here. I suggest breaking it down into more smaller questions. People are reluctant to read such long things unfortunately.

Lissa101
28-12-15, 18:35
You pretty much sound like I did about three years ago. I don't want to give too much advice in case there is a genuine medical problem but it does sound like classic severe anxiety and panic. I had all those worries and some more to beat at one point in time and was pretty much house bound. My anxiety wasn't brought on by a drugs episode but about a month prior to onset I did have to go to A & E with a panic attack after I'd taken cocaine. v stupid.

The good news is that recovery is achievable - but probably not as quickly as you'd like. You need to accept the situation you're in and be kind to yourself, give yourself the time and space you need to recover instead of pushing yourself too hard. I don't know what will work for you because everyone is different. I had to take 6 months off, I stopped smoking and partying, I couldn't really deal with people at all so I volunteered at a dog rescue centre where I just took dogs for little walks every day, I went to a self-help group, eventually started exercising again.

Recovery was slow, very very tough and full of set-backs. But three years later and life is good - I'm just finishing a PhD, in a great relationship and loving every day with an appreciation I didn't have before. Oh and I adopted a rescue dog.

Finally, you are definitely, absolutely NOT going to go crazy :)

Pepperpot
28-12-15, 19:16
Hello and welcome.
Wow. You have a lot of issues. I feel sorry for you. I think you're beating yourself up too much about taking the drugs. Let it go - what's done is done, and the symptoms you're experiencing are nothing to do with the drugs. It's anxiety, pure and simple, which has been triggered from a bad experience from the drugs.
My advice for what it's worth, would be to take one day at a time - don't put pressure on yourself to get better - your nervous system is frazzled. You need some kind of SSRI from the doctor, which will take the edge off, then you can slowly start to recover. x

js1803
29-12-15, 16:32
Thank you to those who have read/replied. I'll try to shorten it up a little bit more. I just felt the need to get it all out.

Pepperpot
29-12-15, 23:14
No I'm not saying you can't get better without an SSRI. I personally don't take them but that is cos it made my anxiety worse and I went through a phase of being scared to take tablets. However, 6mths down the line and still anxious, I am considering asking for some :)

You say you want your life back to normal. And you want to be able to do this, and do that. Focus on one thing at a time. Like I say don't put too much pressure on yourself to get better x

js1803
09-01-16, 06:37
I'm curious as to what happens when my body just decides to rest.. I'll be so happy if my ears would stop ringing.