PDA

View Full Version : Extra anxious when off work

TomsThoughts
26-12-15, 14:59
Anytime in off work holiday and weekends I can't help but feel more anxious and slightly depressed because everyone else seems to be having fun and taking time out to relax whilst I on the other hand can't relax and find it hard to find fun things to do?

What do you guys find fun to do on your days off? I'm starting to dislike being off work which makes me feel bad because I want to spend more time with my girlfriend, but she's not always free and I don't want to seem clingy

Lucinda07
26-12-15, 15:52
My suggestion is to find something you enjoy!
Do you like making things? Viewing certain types of TV programmes? Perhaps helping neighbours - especially elderly ones ( You seem to have some DIY skills!). Playing a sport?
Distraction & finding something to occupy the mind will help keep Mr Worry in check! It will also give you something to talk about when you see your girlfriend.

TomsThoughts
26-12-15, 17:35
as much as I know about joinery I've ALWAYS wanted to be able to restore cars and stuff, but I wouldn't know how to start! Something for the future maybe who knows.

Something with a goal to reach would be preferred, such as helping someone like you say. Thanks Lucinda!