PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - weight loss or something more?

SleeplessInOhio
28-12-15, 03:22
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope everyone had an anxiety free holiday with their families.

I've been prescribed lexapro 20mg and 1mg of ativan only when needed for anxiety. I have really bad anxiety.. and im a bit of a hypochondriac. Ive had anxiety for most of my life but it was very manageable until a month and a half ago. Since then, I've been on my meds.. and they have been helping for the most part.

On Christmas day I was at my aunts and I felt great until it was time to eat , I ate a couple forks full of mashe potatoes and I felt like it was extremely hard to swallow , I also tried to try to steamed carrots and prime rib.. also very hard to swallow. By this time my anxiety is through the roof, I couldn't eat the rest of the night until I had taken my ativan.

One of my triggers of my anxiety is eating.. and I've never had an eating disorder on my entire life, but ever since a month and a half ago I had dropped ten pounds.. and I usually hover at 160-165. I have a fear of choking in front of family or strangers and I also convince myself that I'm allergic to things that I have eaten thousands of times in my life. Either something is wrong with my throat or I'm just letting the anxiety play get a ahold of me.. maybe it's time to see a counselor.. I'm sick of feeling anxious all the time and it has put stress on my relationship with my girlfriend. Sorry for ranting.