PDA

View Full Version : Something up but not sure

hulllad
28-12-15, 20:32
Ok I not been able to get to doctors due to the xmas holidays and weekend etc.

But if you read my previous posts I have had or have a number of problems that I can not work out.

Ok the main concern is the HIV scare. I have had test done
at 28 days 4g and 38 days 3g. both negative.
Not conclusive so not sure if that is running my system to a low level.

but I also had blood tests done at doctors which would have been day 31.
this showed I had lower red blood cells. Doctor said retest after 4 more weeks.

But either anxiety or possible, either symptoms or what hiv does to the body is making me feel really nervous, feeling rubbish.

Please could you say if anxitey can effect you in all the ways below or could cuase the body to pick up a cold that could do the following.

I get joint pain in fingers
joint pain in foot.
groin pain
arms feels weak.
sore throat
a lump or something on side of neck only the one could not be a lymph node according to doctor
bit of shivering
low body temperature
mild night sweats but could be due to me having heating on high in bedroom and bottles over the pain full joints
pain side of neck
1 mouth sore
tried to do a hiv test at home to send of but could not collect enough blood as blood was not running fast enough.
urine sometimes smells fruity

I know hiv can come without symptoms. so for now this is rulled out as i fairy confident with the hiv test results

Just wondering could I be suffering from major anxiety and can it cuase all the above problems.

I do appoligise for all the other posts but just can not take my mind of what could be wrong.

I read somewhere that anciety can not produce lower red blood cells but I beg to differ.

I am losing my mind and can not be honest about this to anyone apart from one mate, not even my family knows about my hiv scare as do not want them knowing how i may have been effected due to stupidity.

thanks for reading and thank to anyone to replies to reasure me.

uru
28-12-15, 21:32
I would search this site for HIV.

I think you will be interested to read the number of people with the same worry as you. These people always ended up no having HIV. Maybe reading them will reassure you?

hulllad
28-12-15, 23:01
Yer I have read a few, To be honest think
its not just HIV I am worried about its something else like cancer which I have said could be a lot worse (ok) it might be cured but with some effect on the body.

I know what you mean

I tried a hiv test home kit which you collect blood and send it off but I could not produce enough blood from finger so gave up.
that would have been a 6.5 week test but deciding I will get the home kit which you get results instantly at home.
reason just do not want to be a pain on the gum clinic/nhs and rather wait till the 12 week mark to do that.

so I be trying to relax a lot more and try thinking and doing other things to past the time, i.e swimming, gym etc.

thanks for the suggestion it will help.

think the mind is wicked at playing tricks on people.

skn123
29-12-15, 00:13
Please could you say if anxitey can effect you in all the ways below or could cuase the body to pick up a cold that could do the following.

I get joint pain in fingers
joint pain in foot.
groin pain
arms feels weak.
sore throat
a lump or something on side of neck only the one could not be a lymph node according to doctor
bit of shivering
low body temperature
mild night sweats but could be due to me having heating on high in bedroom and bottles over the pain full joints
pain side of neck
1 mouth sore
tried to do a hiv test at home to send of but could not collect enough blood as blood was not running fast enough.
urine sometimes smells fruity

Let's see,

Any sort of joint pain could be linked to all sorts of things, carpal tunnel syndrome, gout, arthritis, hypermobility, osteoporosis etc etc but most likely just tired joints
Sore throats could be viruses, bacterial infection, tonsillitis, especially given the weather I wouldn't doubt it
Shivering and low body temperature go hand in hand, once again, the weather and possible infection already
Mouth sores/ulcers are usually given 2 weeks to disappear before you should really worry. Salt water gurgling helps a lot
And the neck lump, I'm not too sure, but if your doctor doesn't suspect cancer or anything serious then why should you? Keep an eye on it, see if it's growing, if it hurts it's usually a good sign

The simplest diagnosis is usually the right one and focusing on your symptoms will only amplify them, that's what HA is all about

hulllad
05-01-16, 20:32
Thanks for all that.

Got a course of antibiotics from the doctor, for the throat and ear problems, as this clears it when I get these.

Since my last post, I had what I could only describe as the worst cold ever,
I did drink booze on the 30th but on NYE I was in bed by 8:30pm and was warn out, not sure what came over me.

Ok I got the home kid through and did it straight away, result negative which was 50 days 7 weeks 1 day.

this was a big relief but know that got another 5 weeks before my confirmation.

Still got a few problems, but these come and go all the time, so think normal everyday things maybe
change in temp, going from hot to cold
anxitey
drinking to much sugar drinks?
take a pain killer

the doctor who does not know my hiv risk for many reasons as been super, think he is fed up of me but sending me for a scan which is on thursday this week for the lump in neck, which might down out to be a boil but he taking no chances. and also doing blood tests for full blood count b12 etc,

I think my anxitey is getting reduced slowly as I know its more likely not to be hiv but maybe cold or nothing. and if I am one of the unlcuky 5% than nothing can be done apart from enjoy life with a few extra problems to deal with, but I deal with it.

my friends have been great help,