PDA

View Full Version : Roof of mouth worries...

majg18
28-12-15, 20:53
So, lately I've been struggling quiet bad with my HA! My focus at the moment is my throat and mouth.

I keep getting the lump in my throat feeling, and tbh, it's really doing my head in now. Anyway, today I was checking the back of my throat (yep I know) and I saw what appear to be purple veins right at the top of my mouth. As you can imagine, I'm stressing a little about this!

I'm gonna give it a few days to see if it goes, if not, I suppose I'll have to go doctors/dentist.

But first, just wondering why you lot think?? (Sorry for the picture, but needs must ha)

Thanks!

Sam Winter
28-12-15, 21:09
hey hun x,
do you have white spots at the back? if yes you may have strep throat, or do you suffer from reflux? because that can cause it to be irritated,
either way it doesn't look seriously life threating especially as my throat looks like that sometimes x

majg18
28-12-15, 22:09
hey hun x,
do you have white spots at the back? if yes you may have strep throat, or do you suffer from reflux? because that can cause it to be irritated,
either way it doesn't look seriously life threating especially as my throat looks like that sometimes x

Hello :) Thanks for your reply, I'll have a look in a sec. But I have had reflux recently tbh, been using gaviscon to try get rid of it! Would that cause the purple look?

Sam Winter
29-12-15, 02:26
yep it can as the acid is damaging your throat and so it can make the veins more noticeable, if you've been suffering a while and gaviscon ain't working go up to your gp they might put you on omeprazol(either temporary or perm depending on if you're someone who gets it all the time) it heals your throat and stops acid coming up, its been a real life saver for me lol x