PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here!

Alicex
28-12-15, 22:14
Hello,
After searching Internet for a relevant forum to discuss my anxiety problems I came across this website and decided to make an account.
As a child I used to experience panic attacks but only VERY VERY rarely! However, in the past 6 months my anxiety has taken over my life. I suffer from anxiety 24/7 which can sometimes be minor to complete extreme. My main anxiety attacks seem to be when thinking of my university course and the demands it entails ie: exams, assignments, placement. Also, a huge anxiety rush I suffer from is the thought of being trapped and not being able to escape from a situation. An example being when I'm driving and get stuck in traffic, I get head rush and feel like I'm going to faint at the wheel. I also suffer from severe social anxiety, I can't bare to think of being in social situations and having to communicate with strangers and even friends.
I have discussed all this with my doctor and they put me on 'propranolol' which I have been on before and the anxiety seemed to fade away but this time I feel dependant on the medication and to be honest I don't think it is working. However, doctor said if this doesn't work then to consider anti-depressants but I'm sceptical whether to try them as I know people can become reliant on them and struggle to get off them?
It would be nice if I could hear others success stories and also make some new friends and compare our situations. As having anxiety can make you feel so lonely and alone.

venusbluejeans
28-12-15, 22:21
Hiya Alicex and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

uru
28-12-15, 22:29
Welcome :)