PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Iamnick
29-12-15, 01:30
Hi all, please be kind to me, I've never really talked about my anxiety before and I'm a bit embarrassed by it.

I'm 25 from the UK and I have a really bad anxiety problem, it differs from social anxiety to just worrying all the time. I've never really had anyone to talk about it with apart from my partner who just recently split up with me because of it, some of my anxiety has been directed towards her because in my head I fear the worst that I will lost her and she will meet someone better than me. It sounds silly when typing it out like this, I know, but I can't help it.

I also suffer with depression as well, so her breaking up with me really put me into a panic, the state that I got in (crying, hyperventilating and shaking) she referred to as me going physco which made me feel even worse.

I tried getting help but counselling didn't really work for me so I will be going to the doctors tomorrow to ask for tablets.

The reason I joined here was so I don't feel alone with this all because right now, I couldn't feel any more alone and I have nobody else to support me or talk me through things.

Thanks for being patient..

Nick

venusbluejeans
29-12-15, 01:35
Hiya Iamnick and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

CoraB
29-12-15, 01:45
Hi there,

Anxiety can put such a strain on relationships i worry about my husband. He doesn't understand any of my anxieties but he always tries to be sympathetic but we argue about it a lot. I can't help but thing I am ruining his life being like this although he says not. I don't want him to have to worry so its nice having nmp to turn to sometimes.

I hope you get on well here everyone is very supportive and it definitely makes you feel less alone.

captcha
30-12-15, 12:05
Hi & welcome, you will be in a better place minus her, hard to believe initially but it won't take long..

Hippyannie
30-12-15, 20:10
I can totally understand! I eft a relationship last year as he referred to me as 'faulty' because of my anxiety and depression. You are in a better place without her - you can rely on you, and get better. Good luck