PDA

View Full Version : Lower left hip side & back pain

DMommy2
29-12-15, 01:33
Hi all has anyone had this? I can't tell if it's a pulled muscle from lifting my children (3&10 months) I've been suffering from HA for the past couple of months and now the anxiety is around my lower back pain. I went to the doctor for what was about back pain and he said it was sciatica (I was rear ended also in October ) I know for sure my muscles and body is tense from stress also.

Here's what is happening to my back/leg/left side of belly
It started with soreness in my leg in which was with lower back pain. I was worried about a blood clot but the doc assured me it was sciatica (I went to him 2x for this) he prescribed meds and reffered me yo an Ortho doc and also took X-rays only showing mild degenerative disease . My lower back hurts down to my leg to behind my thigh & knee. It seems to be off and on. Mostly hurting after lifting walking a lot. I also had an icy burning feeling in my upper thigh and ankle on the sore leg. Now I am having what feels like an achy hip on the same side . What worries me is the achy/almost sore feeling in my lower left side front & back...could sciatica cause this as well? I pick up my kids everyday and am scared I am making it worse. I see the Ortho soon and want an mri my biggest fear is if my nerves are damaged???
Has any one had a similar exp with sciatica?

CoraB
29-12-15, 01:56
I've been having similar to this for a while now and a couple of drs have said mine could be sciatica. Mine comes on when walking around my hip and in my bum cheek and down my leg. My lower back also hurts too and i have a weird "vibrating" feeling in my leg every so often, mainly on sitting down.

I know with sciatica its best to keep moving so I doubt picking your kids up will make it worse - maybe do some stretches as well?

DMommy2
29-12-15, 03:36
Thank you for your reply! I hope you are feeling well soon. Do you ever get an icy or burnt feeling with it as well?does it go up to your hip area/tummy sometimes? I feel like j need a chiro and a good pop!

---------- Post added at 03:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

Anyone?

poppy77
29-12-15, 06:41
I have this on the right side (although getting better the last few weeks),since having my baby five months ago. A chiropractor said it was my sacroilliac joint, probably misaligned slightly after childbirth and carrying around a heavy baby - you probably carry your baby on your hip?

Also, I have a prolapse from childbirth which has added to back pain and abdominal tugging feeling in lower right pelvis.

See a chiropractor and ask about the sacroilliac joint.

DMommy2
29-12-15, 14:23
Hi yes I do carry my babies on my hip but the right one . The left hip is the one that is hurting, maybe bc it is the opposite and my weaker side. Thank you so much for your reply! I will check into a chiro. What did he do to treat u?

poppy77
29-12-15, 19:34
She did lots of joint manipulations like pressing on pelvis/back area and stretching. She also showed me exercises to do.

Have you ever had any pelvic floor/prolapse issues as these can cause lower back and abdominal pain.

DMommy2
29-12-15, 23:39
Hi thank u for the response I was checked 2x after birth down there. And asked is all healed properly and she says yes. I was ha with that too. I did slot if lifting with my almost 1 yr old today as she wanted to be held abs priced that both of my hips are sooooore I'm noticing too maybe it's also sore in Addition to me wearing tight jeans?! Ugh if only men Had these problems !