PDA

View Full Version : Just wanting to be at home? :(

beatroon
29-12-15, 09:39
Hi guys,

I was just wondering, when having a bad spell of GAD, does anyone else just want to go to their family home and be looked after by their parents? I have got a very sort of primitive feeling of wanting my mum, wanting to feel secure, and I'm curious as to whether it's something others also experience. I imagine it's to do with fight/flight and fleeing to a 'safe' place, so I can explain it rationally, but it still feels very odd!

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Beatroon

Crystalhiggs
29-12-15, 10:18
Hi There

Oh yes, I'm 45 with my own family but whenever I feel ill or low I want to be in my old room with my mum looking after me!

I'm sure it's the same with most people (who have a loving family!), we always want our mums! Life is much harder when you're an adult!

beatroon
29-12-15, 10:36
Haha, thanks! That is really helpful to know. I actually asked my Mum about this recently and she said, oh yes, I'm 74 now but whenever things go wrong I want my Mum too! x

eternally optimistic
29-12-15, 10:54
I'm exactly the same and I'm 47!!!!!:)

Its a safety blanket and we all need that from time to time.

There is no shame in that.

uru
29-12-15, 12:04
I remember reading that a lot of soldiers in WW2 called out for their mothers when dying.

gregcool
29-12-15, 12:45
Same hear..just want to be around my mum and im 50.lol..i guess you never loose that mother bond for feeling safe

Chocolateface
29-12-15, 13:34
Yes, I want my mom too when things are bad

jadedreams
29-12-15, 16:10
Yes, same as the others said. I'm 44 and my Mom is no longer here, but there's been many a times through this I've just wanted to run to her and get a hug, to be told it will be ok.

beatroon
29-12-15, 16:40
Thanks all, it's reassuring to know it's not just me. I think it seems like a totally natural instinct, frankly!