PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Annie here!

Hippyannie
29-12-15, 10:44
Hi all, I'm brand new here. My doctors reccomended a forum as a coping mechanism.

A brief history: 31 years old had OCD since age four. Anxiety ditto and depression for a few years. Was on Prozac at 40mg but weaned off a few months ago.

Last week my dad died after a very sudden two week illness - he wasn't diagnosed until the day he died. Very sudden.

Anxiety has come back with avengence- I can't eat, I wast to sleep all the time. I have bad guts (tmi, sorry) and I really just want to hear from like minded people. I want to talk about things that are normal and comfortable.

I'm back on the Prozac as from today. Grief counselling starts in two weeks time.
Lovely to meet you all :yesyes:

Annie

venusbluejeans
29-12-15, 10:50
Hiya Hippyannie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sparkle1984
29-12-15, 14:14
Welcome to the forums Annie! I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father - it must have come as a shock as it was so sudden. Make sure you take time out to take care of yourself over the coming weeks. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support via these forums - I've found them very helpful over the last few years.

swgrl09
29-12-15, 14:31
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I lost my mom to a quick and unexpected illness. It can truly be traumatic. It's good you are here and seeking support! Be kind to yourself in this unimaginable time.

MyNameIsTerry
29-12-15, 22:03
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

That's an awful experience to go through, Annie. I hope you get through this incredibly tough time and remember all the happy moments & love you had for each other.

captcha
30-12-15, 12:00
Hi
hope this forum will be a comfort to you..