PDA

View Full Version : Pet rats

Hippyannie
29-12-15, 11:52
Hiya! :yahoo:
I have two pet rats and I adore them - they are fantastic animals. Like mini caged dogs! Hahaha

Anyone else own rats? :whistles:

Magic
29-12-15, 13:22
Not now. Have had contact with them though. They are so cute. Had many a laugh with them in the past:D

MyNameIsTerry
30-12-15, 05:57
I've often seen them in Pets At Home and thought they were cute. Funny sticky out pink bums though :D

The Degu's look really good too. Very energetic little things. The Chinchillas seem to want to escape public view more as they don't like it.

pulisa
30-12-15, 09:08
I've often seen them in Pets At Home and thought they were cute. Funny sticky out pink bums though :D

The Degu's look really good too. Very energetic little things. The Chinchillas seem to want to escape public view more as they don't like it.

Just the male ones, Terry!:D The ladies have a neat little rear end of course! You should have a look at male Chinese hamsters as they announce their maleness with pride!

I used to have female rats and they were great fun! They make superb pets and really interact. The worst thing was watching the very obvious grieving process one rat went through when her sister died-they are very intelligent creatures and much maligned.

MyNameIsTerry
30-12-15, 09:17
Just the male ones, Terry!:D The ladies have a neat little rear end of course! You should have a look at male Chinese hamsters as they announce their maleness with pride!

I used to have female rats and they were great fun! They make superb pets and really interact. The worst thing was watching the very obvious grieving process one rat went through when her sister died-they are very intelligent creatures and much maligned.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

http://vectishams.webs.com/L1080482.JPG

My god if that's a volume thing the poor females had better be good swimmers! :winks::whistles:

I didn't know that about the rats. So, it wasn't a bum at all!

Although I did have to laugh ones because in Pets At Home they were showing a group of kids around. Some sort of after school club I guess. After they left I went over and saw 2 of the Siberian hamsters doing something that definitely wasn't fighting :winks: Some lucky person was in for a couple of free hamsters soon. :D They must have forget to keep an eye on how they were maturing to separate them. They are very cute!