PDA

View Full Version : sudden sweats day and night

cattia
29-12-15, 16:36
I haven't been on here in a while but I have been suffering with sweats these past few weeks. I get them at night. I don't wake up drenched but my chest and neck are wet enough for me to have to change my top. I have also been getting sweats in the day, mostly when I'm out and about and suddenly I get so hot that I have to take my coat off. I have convinced myself that I have lymphoma. Have the Dr tomorrow and am really worried :(

ShaunRyder
29-12-15, 17:05
Hey Cattia, I have had the same thing as this and have started to again the last week or so.

Have you tried opening the window at night, maybe your room is a bit too warm plus being under covers. I sleep with my window open, even if it is letting in a little breeze it really does help.

Mine also happens during stressful periods, maybe this could be the case?

I personally feel this is nothing to worry about, like you said you are not waking up drenched. But of course keep your appointment tomorrow and go so he can put your mind at rest. Let us know what he says. :)

Take care

hyg
29-12-15, 17:06
Hi try not to assume the worst as it could be many things. I'm not aware of your age but could it be peri-menopause as this has happened to me and it came on quickly lasted a few weeks then went. It's also a common symptom of anxiety and I'm guessing if your on here this may have been an issue for you.
I know it's hard not to worry but be reassured by the fact you 've got your doctor's appointment soon. Good luck:winks:

cattia
29-12-15, 18:32
Thank you both. When I had this before I did find that wearing a long sleeved top and keeping my duvet only up to my waist helped a bit. If I wear a t shirt I tend to pull the duvet up around my neck. I am about to turn 39, is that too young for the perimenopause?

hyg
29-12-15, 21:48
Hi - the peri menopause can start up to 10 years before "the change" and sometimes it's odd symptoms here and there. your G.P can check your hormone levels from a blood test. In fact you can buy testing kits for it over the counter. Just thought it could be something to consider. Good luck anyway :)

cattia
30-12-15, 11:13
The Dr has given me a form for full blood count, ESR and thyroid screen. These past two days I feel like I have the flu so she said to wait until I feel better as an infection could skew the results. I am soooo anxious. Blood tests send my anxiety through the roof, I am absolutely terrified I have cancer :( Am hoping I feel better tomorrow so I can at least gget the tests done this week, I know I won't get the results until next week now anyway because of the bank holiday.

hyg
30-12-15, 12:40
Hi - it's good your having a blood test done as its the start of getting an answer so it's a positive step. I know you won't worry any less but I'm sure your GP would have asked you certAin questions to spot any red flag signs.
I 've suffered with health anxiety in the past and was always looking up symptoms /going to the GP. I 've learnt to control it now but I understand how you must be feeling and at times it's all consuming . :)

cattia
30-12-15, 13:48
Thank you. My anxiety has been good for a long while now but maybe it's the holiday and being out of routine that's set me off again.