PDA

View Full Version : Switching to taking it in the morning?

jjhptrb
29-12-15, 17:31
I have been taking citalopram after my dinner about 8pm. Haven't been sleeping well at all (which is something I don't normally have problems with) so am now thinking about trying it in the morning instead. Only problem is that when I am at work I will take it at about 7am and at the weekend will probably be about 10-10:30. Will this matter? I don't want to get up early just to eat breakfast and take the pill.

MyNameIsTerry
30-12-15, 05:11
The half life of Citalopram is about 35 hours making it a long half life drug. So, a few hours really won't make any difference as you are normally taking it before it's even reached 50% anyway.

If you were on a short half life drug like Venlafaxine (standard formula) then yes it could be a problem. I'm on a short half life drug in Duloxetine and I've altered it by hours several times with no issues. I've moved it 6 hours a couple of times too and no difference.

mark84
30-12-15, 11:44
Terry is correct. Saying that there is no harm in trying it if you want I guess.
If you're new to it (started taking it in the last 8 weeks) then it's normally to get a few of these weird side effects for a while.