PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cancer

ballerina
29-12-15, 21:04
Been feeling very anxious the past week.
I've had a pain in my left lower abdomen around my ovary for around a year now, it goes down around my vagina area and down my leg a little. It feels like a sort of discomfort and every now and again if I'm exercising or walking it can become a sharp pain and causes me to have to stop.
I read an article on facebook about a young girl of around 20 (I'm 21) who has Ovarian Cancer and was warning other young women that they can have it and it's not just for post-menopausal women. The symptoms are abdominal pain, bloating, lower back pain, passing urine often and constipation. All which I have, but I have always put it down to IBS as that's what the doctor has told me I have in the past.
People telling me it's rare doesn't help me as there's always a small percentage, and there's nothing stopping me being in that percentage. Women in my family have a history of breast cancer (post menopausal) I don't know if that can be linked at all.
I went to get my birth control today and mentioned the pain to the nurse. She refused to give me the pills as I have pain in my ovary and told me to go to the gyno to get it checked out. I'm scared as she said if there's a problem with my ovary I cannot have the birth control without seeing a doctor, and she's not allowed to suggest what it might be, which scared me further. :( :( :(

ballerina
30-12-15, 22:00
Anyone?

uru
30-12-15, 22:07
Hi,

It is unlikely I. Someone your age but as you say that won't reassure you. Why not go to the doctors just to be on the safe side?

farley1109
04-01-16, 00:12
I feel your pain! I'm 29 have 2 kids and i didn't realise how long this pains been going on for until i just looked back at my threads on here!.. 8 months now.. i have pain around ovarie area (left side), groin, thighs and constipation and horrible lower back pain aswell as bloating!.. had blood tests and an external and internal unltrasound which should nothing so it must be ibs right?!.. grrrrr!... popped me on the pill for good measure too!.. as i type i'm sat here in so much pain �� hate it!..

ballerina
04-01-16, 11:00
I feel your pain! I'm 29 have 2 kids and i didn't realise how long this pains been going on for until i just looked back at my threads on here!.. 8 months now.. i have pain around ovarie area (left side), groin, thighs and constipation and horrible lower back pain aswell as bloating!.. had blood tests and an external and internal unltrasound which should nothing so it must be ibs right?!.. grrrrr!... popped me on the pill for good measure too!.. as i type i'm sat here in so much pain �� hate it!..

Well it's comforting that you have similar symptoms and it's not cancer. Being on the pill can help but my other big HA fear is blood clots/PE so I'd then obsess about getting those, grrrr. My friend has an increased risk of blood clots in her family and she still takes them as the doctor says it's okay as long as they monitor her, I would freak out, wish I was as carefree as that!

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Also my first post about it is from 2014! Surely if it was untreated cancer I'd be dead/very ill by now?

ariel88
11-02-16, 21:25
Hey Ballerina,

I don't want to worry you as I am in a terrible state with worry at the moment.

Go to the doctor. I had a similar pain and it turned out to be an ovarian cyst. I had it removed and now they have found abnormalities which I am waiting results on as they could be cancerous.

I actually got told I had IBS several times before ending up in a&e with severe pain before I finally got diagnosed.

Remember everyone is different so this is very likely to not be the case for you but it is better to be safe than sorry.

X

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Also Ballerina I'm only 27.

LilGsMama
11-02-16, 21:27
I actually got told I had IBS several times before ending up in a&e with severe pain before I finally got diagnosed.

Remember everyone is different so this is very likely to not be the case for you but it is better to be safe than sorry.

X

Just reminded me of something Ariel88..

I was sent straight to hospital by my GP, 8 years ago this month, as he thought I had an ovarian cyst - I was kept in gynae overnight, thoroughly checked over.. and they concluded IBS!

Good outcome but just goes to show how right you are about everyone being different!

Positive vibes to you xxxxxx