PDA

View Full Version : Zzz...

Emma1027
29-12-15, 21:13
Does anyone have any information on how anxiety can influence fatigue ? Do you feel your energy is constantly drained ? Any tips on how to cope...

MyNameIsTerry
29-12-15, 22:13
Well it does cause us to be running on a higher level over a longer time as we can't relax and this means we burn through our nutrients quicker. Due to this we can end up needing more otherwise we may experience deficiencies e.g. stress causes magnesium to be leeched.

We have a lot of additional adrenaline being pumped out and this can make you fatigued. It can also be the body trying to rebalance itself I reckon since neurotransmitters are excitory (like adrenaline, glutamate is the largest of all neurotransmitters and will make your mind race) and inhibitory (such as GABA which Benzo's work on) so maybe it's an act of calming the excitory meaning we feel washed out from too much inhibitory? The brain rebalances itself again though since too much of either are dangerous hence the brain is well evolved to keep balancing them out to prevent this (don't worry about this, its a natural process).

Perhaps even a load of serotonin to calm us can cause it?

Exercise is one thing that helps here hence why depression sufferers are recommended to do it. It's not easy though when you are knackered all the time but I know from experience that getting the blood pumping seems to wake you up and is better than sitting around as you seem to just get more tired that way.

eternally optimistic
29-12-15, 23:29
well it does cause us to be running on a higher level over a longer time as we can't relax and this means we burn through our nutrients quicker. Due to this we can end up needing more otherwise we may experience deficiencies e.g. Stress causes magnesium to be leeched.

We have a lot of additional adrenaline being pumped out and this can make you fatigued. It can also be the body trying to rebalance itself i reckon since neurotransmitters are excitory (like adrenaline, glutamate is the largest of all neurotransmitters and will make your mind race) and inhibitory (such as gaba which benzo's work on) so maybe it's an act of calming the excitory meaning we feel washed out from too much inhibitory? The brain rebalances itself again though since too much of either are dangerous hence the brain is well evolved to keep balancing them out to prevent this (don't worry about this, its a natural process).

Perhaps even a load of serotonin to calm us can cause it?

Exercise is one thing that helps here hence why depression sufferers are recommended to do it. It's not easy though when you are knackered all the time but i know from experience that getting the blood pumping seems to wake you up and is better than sitting around as you seem to just get more tired that way.

i was going to post something but mynameisterry has done all of what i would say.

Your body goes into overdrive and you can feel absolutely exhausted, fatigued.

Emma1027
30-12-15, 18:13
Thanks everyone. Exercise can be hit or miss for me as I have asthma so sometimes I struggle with running, walking up hills ect as I get breathless. It does help with mood and well-being and I aways try to fit in some fitness. I tend to be on my feet most of the day with my job so I like to just relax in my free time. I always feel I have 101 things to do chore wise before I can even sit down for the night and often feel there's is little else then work.