PDA

View Full Version : Headaches for Over a Month..Please Help :(

girlrock
29-12-15, 21:19
Hi everyone. I used to surf this board many years ago around 2008 when I was suffering with the worst of my HA. I think I came back an occasional post from time to time but for the most part, I've been doing very well for the past 7 years or so. But I had a baby in 2014 and my Dad just recently died in October. He had pancreatic cancer but he died suddenly (we think a blood clot). These two major events in my life have been triggers for me, I feel.

Anyway, since before Thanksgiving, I've been having these crazy headaches. I've always been a migraine sufferer but these are different. Mostly in the front of my head with face pressure and head pressure. I had a week or so off from the headaches around Thanksgiving (when I was off work) and then I visited my doctor for a UTI and mentioned the intermittent face pressure and headaches (even though I wasn't experiencing it right at that moment, I can't keep taking off work). She prescribed a powerful antibiotic to kick both if it, if it was a sinus infection causing my head and face issues.

My headaches actually came back while on the antibiotic. I don't have them usually when I wake up, unless I had too many glasses of wine the night before but then they are even different (back of the head). I've been trying to stir clear of wine or anything else I thought I could be causing it. I had switched to a heavier hot tea and I went back to a weaker tea the last two days just to see if it matters.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to start the process of getting this figured out. I'm assuming an MRI or CT scan will follow which I'm SCARED to death about. I'm so scared about this that I am afraid to KNOW what's causing it. I'm positive its a brain tumor or something else sinister that I will die from and my daughter (only 20 months old) will never remember me. This is consuming my whole life. If it is anxiety, I can't calm down to make it go away. The pressure is the most concerning. It feels like my head/face is going to explode sometimes. Had a gyno appointment yesterday and they said my BP was fine.

Just some comforting words would be nice for now. I know I'm on the road to answers as of tomorrow but I'm terrified all the same. Thanks <3

hyg
29-12-15, 22:07
Hey - had to answer you when saw this as I've suffered with migraines for years and recently they 've got worse. I also get head pressure and facial pain. I 've over the years been convinced myself it must be a tumour - which it wasnt .My neurologist told me a migraine is a neurological shut down and you can get other symptoms i.e. : facial pressure.
Please try not to worry as this will create a tension headache as well so it becomes a vicious circle. You also have a young child and when my kids were small I had migraine nearly all the time from tiredness/ stress. I take a herbal remedy called feverfew which seems to help .
Hope this reassured you.chill you 'll be fine :winks:

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Sorry wasn't being cheeky when said " chill " cos it's hard to do that with HA - think I meant try not to worry

girlrock
30-12-15, 16:25
Thanks for your reply. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Yesterday was my birthday and I had anxiety/headache all day. Not fun. I took an Ativan last evening and feel OK this morning. Sleepy but physically pretty good. My doctor appointment is in 2 hours and I'm very anxious about that.

girlrock
01-01-16, 01:50
Just wanted to update. Doctor thinks it's stress and anxiety combined with inflamed sinuses. He shined a light in my face against my skin and said it was just dark where he should have been able to see through. So he put me on a nasal spray steroid. He also gave me a script for Ativan and instructions to take it for the next 10 days. We talked about a long-term Med but I'm not willing right now since my husband and I are talking about baby #2.

I still had a headache yesterday but today no headache!!! Some pressure in my head but it wasn't until we went out shopping and I took my Ativan right away and it went away. Maybe he's right?? I still can't shake the nervousness about a brain tumor, though. I thought he was going to send me for a scan. I go back in 3 weeks so I really hope I feel better and don't even need a scan by then. Not looking forward to going back to work on Monday with this horrible HA.