PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone doing to keep occupied during this depressing time between Christmas

nursegreenwhippet
30-12-15, 15:16
So what are you all up to then?

emily67
30-12-15, 15:54
lost in endless depression.

about christmas, about new year, about everything.

oh and reading a lot

swgrl09
30-12-15, 16:21
I am really trying to make myself do things that are good for me, like yoga and walking. It was cold last night and I didn't want to do anything, but had to take the dog out anyway. We walked a long time even though it was cold and it was good for me to get some exercise. I sit all day at work so movement helps my mood tremendously sometimes.

People are coming over for NYE and I am really nervous about it. I am ok going to somebody else's house because I can escape and go home. But not now. They will drink a lot and I won't be able to hide.

There is this one friend - actually a friend's fiance - who finds me whenever I am trying to take space for myself and gets mad at me, calling me antisocial. Usually she is drunk and I blame it on that. But it still gets to me because sometimes I need the space. She's coming tomorrow and I'm a bit dreading this.

Justanutter
30-12-15, 18:36
lost in endless depression.

about christmas, about new year, about everything.

oh and reading a lot

Oh Emily, that is me exactly...would just add crying a lot!!! I hate being like this and am sure you do too.

emily67
31-12-15, 10:35
Oh Emily, that is me exactly...would just add crying a lot!!! I hate being like this and am sure you do too.

i don't think anyone likes it.

i think a lot of people just want to live life best they can, enjoy daily activity, and just attempt to be happy

but it's not easy

especially for me as i don't really feel i'm alive at all