PDA

View Full Version : i don't want to live another reality.... help?

emily67
30-12-15, 15:50
having lots of anxiety over the last few weeks about their being an afterlife

a lot of it is because new year's aproaching, and like all holidays it's a difficult time for me (probably the most difficult), because every year is the same- every year i look back and think, god.. is my life really that bad?. and it does not take long to dawn on me... yes, it really is. it's really that messed up

what if this is all a dream?. what if i'm forced to live in an afterlife and do this all over again

maybe like a punishment

help?

Carolin
30-12-15, 16:51
Emily no one can answer that with a definite yes or no.

I would like to think there is an afterlife,and that it is a happier, easier place to live in.

I understand about Christmas and New Year. It is always difficult for me,and I think a lot of other people on here too.

I have sent you a PM if you need to talk xx

emily67
30-12-15, 17:15
Emily no one can answer that with a definite yes or no.

I would like to think there is an afterlife,and that it is a happier, easier place to live in.

I understand about Christmas and New Year. It is always difficult for me,and I think a lot of other people on here too.

I have sent you a PM if you need to talk xx

i'd like to think anything is easier than this (it's gotta be right?. this life is torture!)

but who knows

i hope it's not worse

swgrl09
30-12-15, 17:54
I have gotten lost and panicky thinking about what comes next as well. Like, what if it's worse? The truth is we can't know really. There is just as much chance that it is something better than what we are living now. I don't have a religious or spiritual belief about the afterlife, so it was a struggle going through this fear myself. In the end, it comes down to focusing on what we know IS true, which is right here and right now.

uru
30-12-15, 20:18
There's no afterlife so don't worry. This is it...for better or for worse.

emily67
31-12-15, 10:52
There's no afterlife so don't worry. This is it...for better or for worse.

but how can you be so sure?

every post in this thread has stated that no one really knows

so how can you be so sure?

uru
31-12-15, 16:39
All the evidence points that way. If there was an afterlife, which one would it be? Chritisian, Muslim, Hindu?

The idea of an afterlife comes from religion but which one is correct? Most likely they are all wrong. Humans don't have souls, so what is there to continue after you die? Once your brain dies, that's it. :)