PDA

View Full Version : Leg pain- blood clot fear!

AnxiousLife
30-12-15, 20:10
Hi all,

If you know me, you know I have HA and fear of blood clots!! I have varicose veins (very young to have them) and deal with leg pain a lot, but for the past 3 days I have had horrible muscle-like pain in the back of my right thigh. It hurts to walk and I am heading out now for a 5-day trip. It feels like a pulled muscle, but I don't remember any injury and it just sort of started in the middle of the day...and has been constant ever since. Is this something to worry about?? Reassurance from anyone who has dealt with clots or leg pain would be great. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Anyone? I'm a bit scared of this...some shooting pains in calf as well. May very well just be anxiety, but talking it over helps!

Em.ma
30-12-15, 20:19
I had this in my calf a few weeks back. Felt like I had pulled the muscle but I couldn't remember doing it. Probably done it in my sleep. Which you may of as well. I very much doubt it is a blood clot. Health anxiety leads us to think the worst things when we are in the midst of this when their are loads of other normal things all these aches/pains can be or they can just be plain anxiety. hope your feeling better soon

Traceypo
30-12-15, 20:31
I believe with clots you usually have a swelling and skin feels hot to touch, I know this as it was one of my fears and spent a lot of time with the nurses in the walk in centre with every leg pain. Xx

CoraB
31-12-15, 03:19
One of my worries is clots too and I have pains in both legs which is worst around the calfs. Mines not swollen but it feels almost like permenantly cramped. My knees also tend to hurt aswell.

bluebella
31-12-15, 07:47
If you've been particularly anxious it could be you tensing your muscles up. Or maybe you have done something you may not normally do?

Traceypo
31-12-15, 08:48
A change in shoes can give me those symptoms, especially around my knees. Anything higher than a flat shoe can make my knees and calves ache.
Xxx

emily67
31-12-15, 10:39
I believe with clots you usually have a swelling and skin feels hot to touch, I know this as it was one of my fears and spent a lot of time with the nurses in the walk in centre with every leg pain. Xx

thank you for this... ever since i watched an episode of DRG, medical examiner (just why?) i've had this fear

but now i know what to look for.. so thank you