PDA

View Full Version : Niacinamide

Blinkyrocket
30-12-15, 21:16
There are studies about Niacinamide and anxiety but I can't post the links. Anybody here ever tried it? Supposedly its effectiveness is likened to benzodiazepines and I'm pretty sure that ppl have used it for years upon years (20 years in one case) without developing tolerance.

AdamE
19-01-16, 14:15
I saw this too a month ago. I took a 500mg one day and let me tell you, I was on fire. If you ever decide to take this take a low dose first (50mg). I had something called the Niacin Flush. Basically my stomach hurt after 10 minutes of taking it. Then my face felt like it was on fire. Then it slowly creeped down my body. I looked in the mirror and it looked like I was out in the sun for 8 hours bathing in it. It subsided after about an hour. Freaked me out at first. Didn't know what the heck was going on. Once I found out I was able to ease my mind and ride with the flames for a bit.

I guess you're supposed to start slow and then you can creep it up a bit at a time to avoid the flush.

Oosh
20-01-16, 21:20
I took niacin for a while. It did nothing for my mood. Was used to the flushing but packed it in when I flushed so hard it made my belly turn and gave me nausea.

I thought it was great having such a noticeable reaction to a nutrient. But the truth is it's pretty unpleasant.