PDA

View Full Version : Still Quite Worried but better

Jamie123
30-12-15, 21:28
I have had a good month while ive been off the site and have reduced my thinking about this disease and hadnt googled until today but as soon as I saw something about ALS my mind went. Now i am worried I have it again and the jumping twitches almost everywhere all over my body just reinforces the fear more and more as well as my previous symptoms. Can anyone give me reassurance I need to stop worrying but its so difficult when you know everything about the disease and over analyse everything you feel. Thanks in advance this website has always helped me greatly
Also when I think about it i feel like I am not getting enough air and this causes me panic as I link it to a symptom of the disease even though it isnt stated as when i lie down my stomach moves slightly every second (scared its a twitch) constantly which I have checked and the movement is always a a small time before/at the same time my pulse in my neck is felt and i have checked this several times which have all shown this.

FeelLikeNeo
31-12-15, 10:59
Another ALS-fear-sufferer and fellow twitcher here. It took over my life for over 2 months.

Don't worry! Think of it like this... twitching is unrelated to ALS. As you know, fasciculations can be, and usually are, benign. What more is there to be said? In the absence of other completely unmissable symptoms you do not have ALS. Moreover, if this has been going on for a while you can be even more certain you're okay. The life expectancy with ALS is all of 2 years - you'd know after 6 months at the most.

Jamie123
31-12-15, 17:02
Thanks Neo its been about 2 years since my fear of this disease started but in the past 3-4 months its been much worse because symptoms have started to crop up every day. Now im just worried about the stomach thing as when i lie down i can see it moving like its twitching all the time which has me really concerned. Its when lying down and looking at my stomach as i am a bid overweight the fat moves to my heartbeat