PDA

View Full Version : Foot & Leg pain

axxerd
31-12-15, 08:03
I fell asleep at my desk on the night of the 25th, as I only had about 2 hours of sleep the night before. I woke up and tried to go to bed but I only got as far as the couch in our rec room, and I decided to lay down there to go to sleep. I slept there from about 2:00am to 8:00am upon which point I went upstairs and went to bed. I crawled out of bed at around 1:30-2:00pm. As I left the bedroom, I noticed a bit of a sharp pain in my foot, and I had a bit of a limp as I went back downstairs.

Due to my health anxiety and obsessing over these sorts of things, I started to examine my foot and press all over it. I discovered the top of my right foot hurt when pushed on, a little when walking, and when I point my toes down and kind of stretch my foot and leg. The foot also looks a bit swollen, It isn't red or hot, and no bruising or red areas.

Also, in addition to the top outside/right part of my right foot (above my 2 smallest toes), the left side of my right knee...just above the crease when i bend my leg, is also tender to the touch. Over the next few days, I notice that the pain leaves my knee area..goes down my shin a little..then stops until I feel it again on the other side of my foot.

At first I was paranoid that this may be a blood clot or something, but everyone tells me it likely isn't. It's been since the 26th now, and it hasn't really gotten much better...but also I don't think it has gotten much worse either. I sometimes feel a little restlessness in the leg, but I don't know how much of that is 'in my head' or not.

My sister seems to think it is likely that during my sleeping on the couch that night, I may have strained my leg or pinched a nerve or something from laying in an awkward position for a long period. What do you guys think?

I'd like to avoid going to the doctor at the moment as I don't like running there for every ache and pain. I certainly will if it doesn't improve over the next few days, but I'd love to know what you guys think may be going on? My wife is also due to have our second child (today is her due date!) so I don't want to spend much time waiting in an emergency room to ask about something that could be as simple as pulled muscle or something.

I look forward to your responses!

Thanks