PDA

View Full Version : born anxious?

emily67
31-12-15, 17:16
please tell me i'm not the only one here...

i find it really hard to remember a time when i wasn't anxious. in my childhood, or in my teens, all my memories seem to be the same.

i remember being really anxious of everything and not being able to live a normal life because of it

is anyone else like this?. if you think back, can you think of a calm moment/ or collection of moments in your life?

or is it all anxiety

and i'm sorry for the title of this thread, but it was all i could think of to explain what i meant

Carolin
31-12-15, 17:26
Yes I have had anxiety all my life.

I had a difficult childhood, which led me to being on " full alert " all of the time.
Even at school I was the shy nervous child who stood in the corner instead of having fun.

Its never left me, but I managed it well during my 20's and 30's. I credit my husband for this as he showed me I could be happy.

I've crashed big time now though:weep:

Sam Winter
31-12-15, 17:29
I totally understand you,
when I got help they asked me when I thought it started(because they assumed it was just my teens) but I couldn't think of an answer because I've always remembered being anxious from my earliest to newest memory apart from a brief moment of happiness when I was like 5, I've always been anxious and scared of things for as long as I can remember and I also used to get horrifying dreams in my childhood(still get them) of things that I didn't even know about, it was pretty scary, x

emily67
31-12-15, 20:20
hey.

thanks for the responses so far

it's so good to know that it's not just me

Blinkyrocket
31-12-15, 22:16
I'm not sure I know what it feels like to feel safe either.

emily67
01-01-16, 11:45
I've always been anxious too. Before I knew what anxiety was, I could never understand why I felt so 'nervous' all the time for no particular reason. I just thought it was normal. I actually can't remember a time that I felt completely relaxed either.
And like Carolin, I was always the shy nervous kid in the corner too. I still am in a way. There's so many opportunities that I've missed out on simply because I've been too anxious to go ahead with them. Damn.
You're definitely not alone in this!

ah yes, the oppotunities.

missed a lot of them too because of the anxiety and i feel really bad about it

what am i doing with my life *sighs*

cjemc
01-01-16, 12:02
please tell me i'm not the only one here...

i find it really hard to remember a time when i wasn't anxious. in my childhood, or in my teens, all my memories seem to be the same.

i remember being really anxious of everything and not being able to live a normal life because of it

is anyone else like this?. if you think back, can you think of a calm moment/ or collection of moments in your life?

or is it all anxiety

and i'm sorry for the title of this thread, but it was all i could think of to explain what i meant

Yes I can second that!
I have long said we are born anxious due to scientific traits and biological make up. I was born anxious regardless of what other members on here try to say to convince me otherwise. I'm not saying that life and other stresses haven't contributed to my worsening level over recent years but I definitely had a genetic susceptibility to anxiety which unfortunately for me doomed me to a biological inherited spectrum of anxiety disorders.