PDA

View Full Version : Hey

HB1995
31-12-15, 17:43
Hey, I'm Hannah and I'm 20 years old.

I've been diagnosed with anxiety, panic disorder and depression, with possible post traumatic stress disorder.

I'm currently on citalopram (40mg) and propranolol (80mg) and having 1 to 1 counselling and group counselling after my doctor realised how I had deteriorated.

I work as a paralegal in a large law firm, I play hockey, guitar, piano and I'm also an instructor in the Air Cadets. I guess if I keep my busy I like to think I'm in control.

The reality is I lost control to my anxiety, and I find it isolating and overwhelming. I guess I joined because I feel so isolated by it that I wanted to reach out to people who understood me and would listen. My mental health has caused me to miss out on things, do stupid things and distance myself from the people I love.

I'm hoping 2016 will be a better year for me with the help of the NHS and this forum, and I honestly hope that for all the anxiety sufferers out there, there is a chance we can learn how to control our anxiety and eradicate it from our lives.

Thanks for taking the time to read this....

venusbluejeans
31-12-15, 17:49
Hiya HB1995 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

uru
31-12-15, 18:24
Welcome! :D