PDA

View Full Version : I am new and would like to introduce myself.

Linda Collins
31-12-15, 18:47
I am a really worrier and always have been. Recently it has been worse and I always think something awful is going to happen. Any symptons I may develop always lead me to thinking it is the end. I really wish I was different and this did not rule my life.

sandie
31-12-15, 18:51
Hello Linda - I am sorry you are suffering in this way - anxiety is a horrid, horrid illness and can be quite debilitating.

Are you on any meds or at the very least, are you talking to your GP about your anxiety. Do you have a support network around you ?

venusbluejeans
31-12-15, 18:56
Hiya Linda Collins and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Danath
31-12-15, 19:05
Welcome to the family, theres lots of info and help on this site, it's been here when i've needed it over the past 8 years. Chat room can be good too

Sam Winter
31-12-15, 19:21
hey hun i'm exactly the same its horrible, i always find myself saying "if i live till then or if i'm still alive" its horrible :/
if you ever need someone to talk to i'm always free, stay strong! x
~voit yhtä hyvin elää! <3~

Linda Collins
01-01-16, 14:04
Thank you everyone. I have been on antidepressants for a long time but have decreased them over the past six months. I have therefore gone back to taking one every day. I had a brilliant GP who has always supported me but she retired last year, I then managed to register with another lady doctor in the practice who was also brilliant. I found out yesterday she has now left. My family are supportive but my husband cannot understand my negative thoughts and why I think every sympton I have must be cancer. I have had three colonoscopys over the past four years which were clear. I saw some blood this week and have gone into complete panic mode although my consultant told me 20 months ago when I had an abnormal test that it would be most unusual for me to have anything considering I had a colonoscopy within the last two years. I try to focus on what he told me but my thoughts keep drifting off to the worst situation.