PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of melanoma

Masonn
01-01-16, 11:54
I'm convinced quite literally every mole on my body is cancer. Not at the same time, I'll worry about one and move to the other. I have a really dark little one on my arm, then there's one on my stomach that's rather small but the middle is a little discoloured, then there's one on my upper thigh that is about 5mm and the border is brown-reddish, then one on my back that is a bit sore, then a completely dysplastic one on my scalp which I'm getting removed soon because even the doctor agreed, then of course I have my giant birthmark mole which is basically 3cm in diameter.

All these I've had for years and now I honestly just want them all removed which I can get for free here in Australia (except for the birthmark) but my parents just won't let me. When I think about it I know it's ridiculous that I literally jump to melanoma with every mole on my body, because obviously, they're not ALL melanoma if any. When I'm old enough, I really just want to get literally every mole I get removed (I don't have many.. I'm hispanic) to give myself piece of mind. I mean, why WAIT until something turns cancerous when you can literally avoid it altogether? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I can't stop constantly checking my body. I'm not the only one with a few moles that aren't all that perfect am I?

I think the worst part about melanoma is you can't find a piece of mind because there are no physical symptoms (unless it's advanced.. oh boy). No nausea, none of that. It's not something you can completely rule out, as long as you have a mole you can be paranoid about it until your hearts content. I've been through bowel cancer, leukemia, MS and all those typical paranoias but I've never been able to get over my melanoma fear and I'm terrified I never will. Living in Australia doesn't help where the sun is literally the most dangerous.