PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I am going mad!

Apfelsaft_82
01-01-16, 21:32
*LONG POST - SORRY!*

Hello,

I am K. A few years ago, following a serious car accident, I was diagnosed with both GAD and OCD. I have counselling and high intensity CBT in an effort to relieve the symptoms and for a while they had some impact, however just recently my symptoms have heightened massively and I am struggling to cope.

I have been with my partner for 7.5 years and we have lived together for 4.5 years. Over the last five months we have bought our own house (which needs renovation), I have got a new (testing) job and I have lost one of my closest family members to a horrific illness. Quite frankly I feel overwhelmed.

After the accident my coping mechanism became cleaning the house whilst it is not as obsessive as it could be, my partner fails to realise how minute things can make my urge to clean escalate at a rate of knots. She tries but simply cannot see what I can see and therefore cannot understand how to deal with it. Due to my head being in a state I struggle to remember things, and have struggled to remember some of the techniques my therapy taught me, and now that I am at a worse state than ever, I simply do no know where to start.

Things are having a huge impact on our relationship and I can fly off of the handle with no warning. For example, we were enjoying a really lovely evening of chilling and playing board games when I happened to go in the kitchen to see the pots needed washing and I literally went mad - how and why I do not know. I just can't understand things. I am horrible to her, insult her, treat her like c*** yet love her so much. I hate myself and am ruining our lives. She is on the brink of leaving but I just do not know where to start to start feeling better again. I try mindfulness but my body is just so exhausted that I just fall asleep. Neither of us can continue like this.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? At the moment I feel like I could be on the brink of hospitalisation.

Thank you for your help and sorry for the long post!

gatsby12
01-01-16, 23:57
*LONG POST - SORRY!*

Hello,

I am K. A few years ago, following a serious car accident, I was diagnosed with both GAD and OCD. I have counselling and high intensity CBT in an effort to relieve the symptoms and for a while they had some impact, however just recently my symptoms have heightened massively and I am struggling to cope.

I have been with my partner for 7.5 years and we have lived together for 4.5 years. Over the last five months we have bought our own house (which needs renovation), I have got a new (testing) job and I have lost one of my closest family members to a horrific illness. Quite frankly I feel overwhelmed.

After the accident my coping mechanism became cleaning the house whilst it is not as obsessive as it could be, my partner fails to realise how minute things can make my urge to clean escalate at a rate of knots. She tries but simply cannot see what I can see and therefore cannot understand how to deal with it. Due to my head being in a state I struggle to remember things, and have struggled to remember some of the techniques my therapy taught me, and now that I am at a worse state than ever, I simply do no know where to start.

Things are having a huge impact on our relationship and I can fly off of the handle with no warning. For example, we were enjoying a really lovely evening of chilling and playing board games when I happened to go in the kitchen to see the pots needed washing and I literally went mad - how and why I do not know. I just can't understand things. I am horrible to her, insult her, treat her like c*** yet love her so much. I hate myself and am ruining our lives. She is on the brink of leaving but I just do not know where to start to start feeling better again. I try mindfulness but my body is just so exhausted that I just fall asleep. Neither of us can continue like this.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? At the moment I feel like I could be on the brink of hospitalisation.

Thank you for your help and sorry for the long post!

Your rage is similar to mine. I have uncontrollable rage and I have no choice but to leave the house when I feel I have reached the point my anger reaches past my grip. This sounds like PTSD because I am unaware of anyone with OCD acting in fits of rage like this. I have it OCD and PTSD and its more or less what you do. Does she know whats going on in your head? I am no counselor but bringing her up to date would probably lessen it to some extent rather than her believing you have just turned into some uncontrollable angry prick. Have you talked to a doctor about the anger because that is first and foremost what needs to be addressed because it can very easily slip into something horrible.