PDA

View Full Version : Stomach/Back Pain and losing plot again

Pigeon
02-01-16, 06:31
A few weeks ago, I posted on here theorising that my various 'cancer' symptoms were caused by muscular tension. Today I find myself reading it again and wondering if someone else wrote it as my common sense and rationality seems to have flown out of the window since then.

This is because my symptoms have changed again - something that always puts the fear of God into me. It's mainly the location of the pain which has moved to my upper stomach/back from lower. But I also have other strange symptoms:

Stomach pain - where the ribs join at the front and underneath to the left. It feels as though someone has punched me and I'm winded
A bit of indigestion-type symptoms - hiccup/burping etc
Loose stools
Lower back pain - my spine feels stiff and painful from just above the waist downwards
Upper back pain (this is a new symptom) - both sides - seems to go from my waist area to just under my shoulder blades. Sometimes it feels muscular but sometimes connected with the stomach pain
Palms of hands and soles of feet burning/itching

I don't know what to make of all this but haven't googled as I will terrify myself, but I admit I am starting to get worried I have something serious. Pancreatic cancer is an old favourite but I am starting to think of liver cancer too. When I'm not feeling quite so hysterical I wonder if I might have got something like fibromyalgia.

I'm really fed up of myself and just want to be symptom free. Would anyone out there be so kind as to talk some sense into me before I go off to see my poor GP again?

Fishmanpa
02-01-16, 13:41
No, you wrote that and it was rational and very, very clear. I would reach out the window and grab onto that common sense and rationality. When you get them inside, SHUT THE WINDOW and read that post from a few weeks ago a couple of more dozen times and any time you feel doubt creeping in.

Positive thoughts

Pigeon
02-01-16, 14:30
Thanks Fishmanpa - just what I needed to hear. We are all very good at reassuring others, but not ourselves it seems!

I'm very grateful for your reply. Xx

Fishmanpa
02-01-16, 14:48
Thanks Fishmanpa - just what I needed to hear. We are all very good at reassuring others, but not ourselves it seems!

I'm very grateful for your reply. Xx

Anytime :) I get it. I really do. Anytime I feel some chest pain or some odd twinge in my neck or throat, there's a little voice saying "uh oh, what's that?!"

BUT... I know my heart is Ok as I just had my cardiologist appointment and I go next month for my cancer followup and there are no signs of anything out of the ordinary.

The 'real" evidence far outweighs the imaginary evidence ;)

I believe that's the key.

Positive thoughts